Escape From Fireworksville

I can really relate to Ed's question.
And without generalising too much, why is it so difficult to contemplate the idea that we don't have to do exactly the same thing year after f**ing year?
I'm lucky that I've ended up being part of a very nice family, but boy are they predictable.
I find any suggestions I might make of deviating from the norm are met with suggestions of exorcism of my soul.
For this whole holiday period I would be more than happy to sit on an island off the Atlantic coast and watch from a distance.

I can really relate to Ed's question.
And without generalising too much, why is it so difficult to contemplate the idea that we don't have to do exactly the same thing year after f**ing year?
I'm lucky that I've ended up being part of a very nice family, but boy are they predictable.
I find any suggestions I might make of deviating from the norm are met with suggestions of exorcism of my soul.
For this whole holiday period I would be more than happy to sit on an island off the Atlantic coast and watch from a distance.

Except there aren't any islands off the Atlantic coast until you get to Patagonia.

Walking in the street, I worry about the boludos who toss firecrackers off their eighth-floor balconies. One big reason I prefer to stay in.

Thanks Lacoqueta for your Brazil suggestions. Besides that, no one else knows of a quiet getaway, maybe a finca or something or a small B&B out in the middle of nowhere? Knoblauch? I thought this one would be right in your wheelhouse.

I guess I'm lucky because my mother-in-law is a great cook (potato salad looks like heaven, cherry tomatoes instead of little green pasty peas). I usually get some great sort lemon chicken with herbs served cold, some killer salads, and maybe a cuadril al horno stuffed with all sorts of good tasting stuff like garlic, spinach, carrots, etc, potatoes, etc. Maybe some kind of homemade pasta. I guess I should lend out my mother-in-law to some of you poor people.

Back