Eternal CFK

Once upon a time Argentina was dominated by an oligarchy made up a few extremely wealthy families even as a large proportion of the population eked out an existence in dire poverty.

It is difficult to justify this type of extreme inequality.

Now a days "Kirchnerites" want to go to the opposite extreme by creating an "egalitarian" share-and-share alike culture. This move is as wrong headed as the Oligarchy.
Two questions:

First, will Christina provide leadership by example by divesting all her property and wealth to give to the poor? Nope....which underscores the insincerity of this movement, designed to perpetuate power by offering false hope to those who live in poverty.

Second, could supporters of this notion point to a single example in the modern world that has achieved an "egalitarian" state? Nope...such a place does not exist....

Prediction: Especially in an era of globalization, those with capital to invest to create wealth and jobs are not bound to Argentina...they will take their resources elsewhere....The very people this system is designed to help will be those who suffer the most since they lack the resources to move...

Interesting quote....
"It would be the continuation of her work, a new Argentina in which every one is in equal conditions. She’s the only one who can keep working on a project that was started by Néstor Kirchner. This assures income redistribution in an egalitarian country,” she stated.

Nothing says it better than the ad I got on top of this very article:

netbooksforall.jpg

The govt here is going for the ultimate... in third world handouts.

On a different note, in about a year I'm here, I've never heard of any credible opponents. Is it my ignorance or are there none? The main opponent I've learned K has here is/was Clarin, who is not a candidate for any office. Are there any people out there who might be worth electing?

I'm all for a more egalitarian distribution of wealth. As usual, the devil is in the details. What about taxing (and enforcing the tax) on wealthy landowners? I suspect (and would appreciate informed opinion) that real property taxes are low and laxly enforced.

Dr D., I don't believe Cristina needs to donate all her property to the public coffers, but it would be appreciated if she didn't steal from them. Make Cristina and K's estate regurgitate the profits from the corrupt land deal they engineered while he was Governor of Santa Cruz for starters.

If Cristina really had the public interest at heart, she would come out against any proposed constitutional amendment to create a President for Life. The goings on in the mideast monarchies and dictatorships are evidence that rulers for life tend to be nonegalitarian.

Spot on! ANd the next question I ask is...is Argentina still classified as an emerging economy??? I wonder how long before we are demoted from that status ;-) THanks Cristina!!

dr__dawggy said:
Once upon a time Argentina was dominated by an oligarchy made up a few extremely wealthy families even as a large proportion of the population eked out an existence in dire poverty.

It is difficult to justify this type of extreme inequality.

Now a days "Kirchnerites" want to go to the opposite extreme by creating an "egalitarian" share-and-share alike culture. This move is as wrong headed as the Oligarchy.
Two questions:

First, will Christina provide leadership by example by divesting all her property and wealth to give to the poor? Nope....which underscores the insincerity of this movement, designed to perpetuate power by offering false hope to those who live in poverty.

Second, could supporters of this notion point to a single example in the modern world that has achieved an "egalitarian" state? Nope...such a place does not exist....

Prediction: Especially in an era of globalization, those with capital to invest to create wealth and jobs are not bound to Argentina...they will take their resources elsewhere....The very people this system is designed to help will be those who suffer the most since they lack the resources to move...

Interesting quote....
"It would be the continuation of her work, a new Argentina in which every one is in equal conditions. She’s the only one who can keep working on a project that was started by Néstor Kirchner. This assures income redistribution in an egalitarian country,” she stated.

I don't know what people are complaining about here. They just want to make her like Hugo and the other leaders in South America that want to be president(really dictator in my opinion) for life. Democracy is over-rated, when you have leaders of this caliber elections are no longer required. They wouldn't need to do this if Nestor was still around, they could just tag-team indefinitely.

I'm thinking if the Argentinians are looking for a change they could always import Julia Gillard from Australia - teach her to speak Spanish and get her to run for office - within 12 months Argentina would have its 500th boatload of middle eastern ''refugees'', even more debt and a whole new set of problems to deal with it never had before...

So - there you have it - Argentina - if you want, you can have Julia Gillard - we don't want her :) lol

Are there any people out there who might be worth electing?[/quote]

I said it before, Gouchobob for President!!!

Back