Everyone has an iPad

For those of you that don´t know it, half of the Sarmiento line trains do not have open windows, since they have now A/C. Of those, three or four are the new double deckers, one of those has even LCD screens showing cultural programs. In the 2-floor trains it feels somehow ok to use the Kindle, I don´t know, it is as if the tech match the train so it is ok.

It is not about tablets, it is about the I-Pad, the shiny Apple thing. Nobody cares about I-Phones anymore, lots of those in the train.

pretty much all of my friends have blackberries or iphones and nobody ever had a problem. ipads are a different subject. i never show mine. but smartphones are ok.

set and setting yåall.....if you kniw the idiosyncracies of the people here and te neighbouring countries they are easy to spot on the subte, as someone said, jusrt take what you are willing to lose (in my cas I take my old iPhone 3G whic here is still seen anf valued as a luxury obkect, so sometimes I switch to a cheap old Blackberry, the kind of one VERYONE has here, guess it makes it non appealling to pungas...also how comes most Cartoneros have Nextel? UI always hear their damn beeps and their push to talk replies, how do they afford it, or it's like directtv that puts the service on the villas for free aause otherwise they steal the lines anyways creating shortcuts and loss of signal quality??? They do that in Peru ad Ecuador aplenty as well....a photocopy of your passport sometimes is not enough if you have the bad luck of facing legal troubles (like assault charges for sel defense), I found put that Pepper spray is completely fine legal and dandy here in Argentina, just make sure to order the Law Enforcemente Units Only that are really strong, I reccomend the Sabre Crossfire MK-IV That has the hifhest percentage of fo Capciasinoids, can be deployedfrom any angle and an position, and also marks the attacker with Orange color, so if he manges to escpae you can still prove it was him if you get him a couple blocks lter....the irony of it all, last time Itused muy pepper spray to try to save an old 3rd gen 8gb ipod nano that I had gotten as a gift in NY and really didnåt care about itås oprice but more the recklesness on which I as confronted just by one person demanding my goods I had no other chopice.....end of the story he pressed assault charges on me, he was on parole, his lawyer pressd the case, I had to spend 400 dollars on a lawyer and had an assault case, itåd have been way easier to lose the 30 dllars that ipod was worth on ebay.....of course here the price goes up to 1000pesos.....but still, 100 pesos < 400 dollars....so if you donåt wanna have the stress or dionåt have the knoweldege of using Aerosolo self defense sprays just take an old oughties Nokia an ID (if itås a driverås or work licene itås much safer than crrying your Int'l passport around) and a Hundred Pesos shoul seffice if you ae just gonna b drifting thru town just planning on grabbing smething to eat and walk around......also try Using inner pockets or as crazy as it souhnds wear double layers of socks (one shorter than the othr) and hide the money in the in bnetween layers, sometimes if you are aboarded by a group of 2 or more armored people they search yur socks but just strech them at the bootcuff lenght to see if you have a bundle of bills and if they dionåt see or feel anything fast they let you go, that technique saved me thousands coming back from Tribunales to Carlos Gardel on Linea D/Linea B transfer once.

If you want to know where to get Law Eforcemente rade pepper spray, and how to use it PM me or let me know if the mods arwe down with that.

Cheerz fellow expats!

hehe yeah I know, excus me, writing from a wireless keyboard in bed hungover on a sunday afternoon not really looking at the screen, now I re read my post I see what you mean, thx :) I'll take irt into axccount once I can focus back on the screeen, sorry for the mispellings on this reply btw, also havenåt been keeping my eyes on the screen and this spanish wireless keyboard has no correlation with my swedish keyboard, I know, and too lazy to change the settings in keyboard languages to spanish, sorry for the inconvenience, you still get thegist, and I still can write whilst bed ridden this way :)

Back