Ex asking for $600,000 ARS / $2150 usd as child support

. . . I send the budget to my therapist (Argentinian) who says it seems ok and not an exaggeration.

I send the budget to my best friend in Argentina, a cheto in Las Cañitas, who says it seems fine.

Still seems really high to me, but wanted to get thoughts of expats, because every Argentinian I ask seems to be of the mind of “oh just pay it.” I know if I agree to $2150 now, my ex is going to ask for $3150 in a couple years.

First piece of advice, don't ask a random Argentinian how much money a "rich American" should give another Argentinian for anything because the answer is always "how much do you have?"

Second piece of advice: stop reproducing because you're in way over your head.

Last edited:
First piece of advice, don't ask a random Argentinian how much money a "rich American" should give another Argentinian for anything because the answer is always "how much do you have?"

Second piece of advice: stop reproducing because you're in way over your head.
In reality all this could be avoided if the OP used the original advice and just got a lawyer and shut up and don't talk to anyone you don't need to.

The problem is not who is her lawyer, the problem is you do not have one.
I have a lawyer, he is recommending I give her the $1750 and just reach an agreement to give her that, which then will be formalized by the court. I asked if she could later on seek more, and he said yes but it would be difficult to get awarded more because the amount is already so high. He told me this was the best way to go to have peace of mind, and the agreement would require my ex to travel with the kids 4 times a year to Buenos Aires, if I paid for her travel and lodging.

Back