Ex asking for $600,000 ARS / $2150 usd as child support

Tell her you won't support the mother's shoe shop, and hold the line at $2000. That's a decent sum out there, and has alimony built into it (she'll bank $500/month, for sure). Make it clear to her that you're not going to pay what she wants and that you'll fight her when she takes advantage of you even more than she has. Think about it - anyone that she tells "oh, he won't give me an extra $160 more than he's currently giving me" is going to think that she's crazy, because she's already getting far more than most of her neighbors, and because there's no good reason to give it to her.

I find out weird the amount you are talking about. As you know I’m a lawyer, I was almost divorcing last year, my monthly income is between 20/30 k in USD and the judge ordered alimentos (that is the alimony for the child) in 10 UMAS. The UMA is the unit lawyers use to know how much to charge. The lawyer’s fees law says, for reading a contract the minimum fees are 2 UMA, and so on. So, the judge said I had to pay 100.000 pesos (300 Usd). In Argentina you do not pay alimony for the mother or ex wife. The expenses of the child are 50/50 so, it is like 70% of what she is asking is not legal or valid. The other 30% is 50/50. I suggest you contact a good family lawyer. I can recommenf mine. Dra. Hanko. 11-2381-3930.

I find out weird the amount you are talking about. As you know I’m a lawyer, I was almost divorcing last year, my monthly income is between 20/30 k in USD and the judge ordered alimentos (that is the alimony for the child) in 10 UMAS. The UMA is the unit lawyers use to know how much to charge. The lawyer’s fees law says, for reading a contract the minimum fees are 2 UMA, and so on. So, the judge said I had to pay 100.000 pesos (300 Usd). In Argentina you do not pay alimony for the mother or ex wife. The expenses of the child are 50/50 so, it is like 70% of what she is asking is not legal or valid. The other 30% is 50/50. I suggest you contact a good family lawyer. I can recommenf mine. Dra. Hanko. 11-2381-3930.
Thanks. How could someone possibly live on $300? The lawyer i talked to said offer her $1300.

Thanks. How could someone possibly live on $300? The lawyer i talked to said offer her $1300.
You pay 50% of the expenses of your child, you do not pay alimony here. You should do the agreement in UMAS and later make it approved for a judge.

You pay 50% of the expenses of your child, you do not pay alimony here. You should do the agreement in UMAS and later make it approved for a judge.
If an agreement can’t be reached, doesn’t the judge just take a percentage of your salary and give it to her?

If an agreement can’t be reached, doesn’t the judge just take a percentage of your salary and give it to her?
No, you deposit at her bank account every month. The agreement must be ratified by a judge and the negociation must be done by an official mediator. If you refuse to pay, the Judge can garnish your wages and can start a criminal case. But if you are not an employee, it is doubtful that it will be so easy to force the payment.

Jackie Mason had an old bit -- hard to type it and do any justice to his delivery -- if you think someone is going to ask you to borrow money, rush to them, say times are tough, and ask for a loan yourself.

There's no right or wrong answer here -- just don't be too hard on yourself is my only advice.

Does it depend if his ex can work or not? I mean she can be breastfeedin mother so it quite hard to work with a little baby.

But if kids are not babies then she can work and there is no reason why she doesnt spend her own money on them too.

Does it depend if his ex can work or not? I mean she can be breastfeedin mother so it quite hard to work with a little baby.

But if kids are not babies then she can work and there is no reason why she doesnt spend her own money on them too.
She does work, teaching English online. Told
me she earns about $150,000 a month

Do you have a salary here? I don't think so. The % was in the abolished law.

Back