Excellent Place To Have Lunch Or Snacks In The Afternoon

SF has no Chez Panisse or Kirala (both in Berkeley, admittedly), no Oliveto, no Bay Wolf, no Dopo, no Gregoire, no Homestead, and many others. There's simply no reason to go to SF.

Two of your examples aren't even in Oakland, which kind of proves the opposite of what you are trying to say.

I don't really feel like typing out of list of the best restaurants in SF, or even my favorites. Just know that if you force me to do it, it will have 25/30, not 6.

Reactions: Joe
Two of your examples aren't even in Oakland, which kind of proves the opposite of what you are trying to say.

I don't really feel like typing out of list of the best restaurants in SF, or even my favorites. Just know that if you force me to do it, it will have 25/30, not 6.

I could list many more. That's off the top of my head.

Oakland has half the population of SF, by the way. It's closer when you add in Berkeley.

I could list many more. That's off the top of my head.

Oakland has half the population of SF, by the way. It's closer when you add in Berkeley.

Well, shit, if you add in Hayward and San Leandro, it's probably much more. Your point is?

I don't really want to indulge in a pissing contest with you over SF/Oakland. SF has amazing restaurants. If you don't go there, your loss. Oakland/Berkeley have great restaurants. I go there every chance I get. The peninsula has excellent restaurants, but I don't make it down there much anymore.

Hell, the best Indian food in the Bay Area, if not the world, is in Fremont. Unfortunately, I haven't been there in over 10 years.

Agreed.

Best Indian food should possibly be in India, not USA.

Fremont is a suburban town in the Bay Area with a high concentration of Indian immigrants. So, practically speaking, the food there is in India.

Fremont is a suburban town in the Bay Area with a high concentration of Indian immigrants. So, practically speaking, the food there is in India.

Its a good argument but not necessarily true. But I agree Freemont is a hub of Indians and excellent Indian food. Indians are everywhere be it NY, Singapore, Bangkok, Middle East, London..but that does not mean the food in these cities is better than the original food sold in India, made in India, by Indians, for Indians with a abundance of labor, spices avbl and a healthy competition .

Its a good argument but not necessarily true. But I agree Freemont is a hub of Indians and excellent Indian food. Indians are everywhere be it NY, Singapore, Bangkok, Middle East, London..but that does not mean the food in these cities is better than the original food sold in India, made in India, by Indians, for Indians with a abundance of labor, spices avbl and a healthy competition .

If you read my post, I wasn't really making that claim. But it's BAExpats, so ...

Reactions: Joe
And if you read my original post, I said "maybe." In English, that implies doubt or uncertainty. In this case, used in phrase as a rhetorical device to emphasize the main point I was making. Hyperbole? Perhaps, but hardly a declarative statement.

Oh the world renowned English professor back to correcting my English. How lucky I am!!! God is so kind!

Prof, you never told me where you learned your awesome English. I will like to learn there as well, prof. I can never be the best English writer as you are, prof..but at least share the secret here, SIR!

Back