Excellent Place To Have Lunch Or Snacks In The Afternoon

The biggest difference is that their are tons of good cheap ethnic restaurants that are 10 times better and 1/2 the cost of Baires.

Peruvian restaurants are far more numerous in Buenos Aires, and much better.

Peruvian restaurants are far more numerous in Buenos Aires, and much better.

Go here:

Mi Lindo Peru Restaurant
3226 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110
United States

And tell me if you still think it's better in Buenos Aires. Or better yet, list some places here that you think are great and I'll tell you. :)

Go here:

Mi Lindo Peru Restaurant
3226 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110
United States

And tell me if you still think it's better in Buenos Aires. Or better yet, list some places here that you think are great and I'll tell you. :)

Any good Peruvian restaurants in Manhattan?

Go here:

Mi Lindo Peru Restaurant
3226 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110
United States

I almost never go to San Francisco, though I did visit the SF branch of La Mar once. There's a good new Peruvian, Puerto 27, in Pacífica, and La Costanera (which I really like) in Montara. Those are all too far away to go regularly. We have a promising new Peruvian, Mistura, on Piedmont Avenue in Oakland, but it's only early days with a limited menu.

I like Bardot in Palermo, and the very inexpensive Status in Congreso a lot. There's lots of good Peruvian in Santiago.

I like Bardot in Palermo, and the very inexpensive Status in Congreso a lot. There's lots of good Peruvian in Santiago.

Is Bardot actually good? If you're into Nuevo Peruano, then you really should try Limón, also in the Mission.

I've been to Status, but a long time ago. I'll give it a try this week. Also, a friend recommended Carlito's in Abasto. It's always packed.

Of course there are the Cevche vendors in front of the Once station. :)

I agree the ethnic restaurants in BA are a disaster. Part of the problem being lack of imports and spices and Argie people trying to cook ethnic food.

But I have traveled all over South America and even in 2015, the ethnic food is a problem in South America, the continent. In fact food in BA is best in South America, after Peru.
The food in Colombia, especially Medellin, is much better than Argentina, especially in terms of ethic food, viz, Japanese and Mexican. The one thing Colombia has going for it - besides cheap electronics...

Is Bardot actually good? If you're into Nuevo Peruano, then you really should try Limón, also in the Mission.

I've been to Status, but a long time ago. I'll give it a try this week. Also, a friend recommended Carlito's in Abasto. It's always packed.
I've never been disappointed at Status, though it's not gourmet by a long shot - good Peruvian home cooking, I'd say. Bardot is more creative, though the portions are relatively small, and considerably more expensive.

I'm hard-pressed to go to SF for anything - I don't really like the city, though I go to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in October before I return to South America.

The food in Colombia, especially Medellin, is much better than Argentina, especially in terms of ethic food, viz, Japanese and Mexican. The one thing Colombia has going for it - besides cheap electronics...

I've not been to Colombia much recently, but the last time in Cartagena I was not overly impressed. Not terrible, but Buenos Aires is much better.

Back