Exchange4Free ..... Gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could one pay his rent, groceries, electricity, gas bills, entertainment etc with Bitcoin in BA?

I found that WesternUnion is affiliated with Scotia.
Last minute call saved by the bells, .... was too close for comfort.

Online I transferred funds to myself from my ScotiaAccount to WesternUnionArgentina directly.
That simple! Nothing else!!!!!!!!!
No other requirements or complications, .... no BankAccount in Argentina or 3rd country, .. no 3rd party recipient, ... no nothing.
In few days, anticipate to collect at any WesternUnion location in Argentina.

Max Daily transfer $1000 CAD
Max Weekly transfer $3000 CAD
Fee per Xaction $19 CAD

BitCoin sounds mysterious futuristic star trek stuff.
I`m apprehensive because I`ve never heard of anyone sharing a real life experience.
Would be helpful to hear from a pioneer brave soul who really used BC.
Is it realistic and practical on daily basis, ... do you really receive cash, ... how many pesos per Dollar, .... ??????

Yeeow-GREAT,' khairy-expat!' Thanks for informing of the Scotiabank/Western Union association.

Bitcoin makes me laugh. I googled 'What can you actually buy with Bitcoin?'. An American tried to live on it only for a week. She was unable to buy enough food (just some dregs) and couldn't pay her rent. She used it for 6 days and then had to give up the challenge she'd set for herself. BTC seems to be a marketing tool to get you to buy crap from scattered places here and there and with names I've never heard of -as though they occupy some other planet.

Did you look at the money exchange places that accept BitCoin? That was the Bradley's suggestion as I understood it: use BitCoin as a currency exchange, not use BitCoin to actually purchase goods.

Laugh at BitCoins, maybe they don't have a lot of purchasing power - yet. But the very fact that it exists, and that I found 38 offers on one website to sell BitCoins for Pesos here in Buenos Aires after about a 30 second search, says an awful lot about the reality of BitCoins. Maybe you can't use it for purchasing goods (yet), but it seems to be a consistent (if not good - I don't know, I haven't researched the individual asking prices to see if it's reasonable) means of currency exchange that someone like Cristina would have one helluva bad time trying to close down...

Back