Exchanging Money at Ezeiza Airport

cat1976

Registered
I remember last year there was a limit on how much U$S travelers could purchase at the bank in Ezeiza airport. Has anyone recently traveled and exhanged pesos for U$S at the bank in EZE? Does anyone know what the limit is per person or family?

i would exchange as little as possible in ezeiza as the rates aren't good there.

Rates are fine, only 1 or 2 centavos off of downtown bank rates. Unless you are a tax paying, pre afip approved resident you cannot change ANY pesos for dollars.

Fortunately I am a perm resident with a job en blanco... I dont live near downtown and was just trying to figure out how much I could exchange on my way out of the country for our family vacation in Miami/Orlando. Otherwise I will just withdraw from my debit card like we did last year.

The way I understand it is you need pre approval from the AFIP and they'll tell you how much you can change.

You can know in advance if they are going to change you or not, just go to the afip website and enter your cuit or cuil. They allowed me to buy 33 dollars :confused:

I'm just a plain ol' tourist. No cuit, no cuil, no nuttin'. Will I be able to change any excess pesos back into US dollars before I leave Argentina?

Thanks, Bob

Bajo_cero2 said:
You can know in advance if they are going to change you or not, just go to the afip website and enter your cuit or cuil. They allowed me to buy 33 dollars :confused:

bobg said:
I'm just a plain ol' tourist. No cuit, no cuil, no nuttin'. Will I be able to change any excess pesos back into US dollars before I leave Argentina?

Thanks, Bob

Do you have a receipt for buying the pesos at a bank or exchange?

No. But I'm not leaving yet. If that's what it takes I'll be sure to make my last exchange(s) into pesos at a place that provides a receipt.

Thanks, Bob

PhilipDT said:
Do you have a receipt for buying the pesos at a bank or exchange?

bobg said:
No. But I'm not leaving yet. If that's what it takes I'll be sure to make my last exchange(s) into pesos at a place that provides a receipt.

Thanks, Bob

thats what it takes, and make sure you tell them you need the receipt that allows you to change them back.

Back