Expat Atm/foreign Transaction Fees In Argentina

When comparing the different options (Xoom, Ria, ATM card) and the corresponding exchange rates - also consider sending in USD instead of pesos. I use Ria and send myself in USD to my local bank account here (caja de ahorro / pesos). That way I get the way better local exchange rate. With Ria I only pay 10 dollars for a transfer of up to 2999 USD. Xoom might be a little more.

Last time I checked RIA wasn't able to transfer money from US banks. Are they now?

And when you get the $usd do you buy pesos? How many do you get for each $usd?

Last time I checked RIA wasn't able to transfer money from US banks. Are they now?

And when you get the $usd do you buy pesos? How many do you get for each $usd?

I have been using Ria for years with my US bank without any problems. There is a transfer on the way - once it gets here I will let you know about the latest exchange rate.

Has anyone successfully transferred USD from overseas to a either a peso or USD account here? What type of fees are involved for receiving the money here and any special paperwork required?

I need to send money back to the usa. I will give US citizen with legit US bank account cash here if they deposit to my BofA account via online ACH transfer for $50 flat fee max 9000. Contact me via private message, only legit people with linked in or FB account and legit funds please.

Why do Argentine banks get away charging ridiculous ATM fees - do they not realise that if they dropped it to a reasonable $1 or $2 USD people might use them instead of using services like Xoom etc?... Absolute joke and another example of why this country is fucked.

Back