Expat Atm/foreign Transaction Fees In Argentina

Serafina.....[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]So they won't simply put a notice to say "we've run out of bill"? they'll leave me hanging there without knowing if it is them or is it me? [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Unfortunately, yes![/background]

Serafina....[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] I'll go with 2,400 and now it is an amount not allowed, so I hit the highest suggested amount (2,000) and it says I cannot used my card in that ATM.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Probably no bills left at any of the ATM's you hit so far. Your best bet, if you need pesos tonight, is to locate an ICBC bank branch and try their ATM's. The maximum allowed per withdrawal continues to be $2400 pesos. Good luck![/background]
Weren't people saying it changed to $5000 pesos?

For travellers with access to a Santander Gold Visa Debit card with the 1/2/3 current account you get fee free withdrawals when you use Santander branded machines to withdraw local currency in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay. I came upon this facility by chance and reckon it saved me a lot on transaction fees. The daily limit on withdrawals is £750, using multiple transactions.

I have used Schwab for a number of years... I never went back to see if the ATM fee they refunded was not at the rate it should have been..I use Schwab around the world.

Back