Expat Deported At Ezeiza

There are lawyers who specializes in HC and they deal with 90% of the cases, mainly chinese.
Some years ago some people (mafia) contacted me to represent thouse cases (they said about 20 per month)(human trafficking) and they offer 10.000 usd each only if I win. I rejected the offer.
I don't want to work for the mafia.
I don't work based on success because, success takes a lot of work and money, and my experience is that this people wants results right now (read that you offer bribes on their behalf) and I don work like that.
I became the lawyer of the victims of human trafficking instead of the lawyer of the Chinese mafia.

Bajo,

I strongly feel you should take some young lawyers fresh out of college under your wing and train them in your field of law. And try to have a Law firm than being just a one man 'army'. I think you can earn lot more if you had nice staff.

Also, people complain that sometimes you admonish them during discussions when they go to your office. Please be nice to yr clients , bajo, as because of your clients and your hard work - you have risen to such fame in CABA. Almost, every expat who has lived here in BA for more than 2 years knows of you. Kudos!

If he does that, as soon as one of them thinks they know halfway what they're doing, he'll have competition. :p Lawyers know other lawyers are the worst. ;)

As for why people just don't get legal.... because it's not easy? A lot of people don't qualify right away for residency. Marriage is a pretty simple route, but others don't have that luxury and aren't willing to jump feet first into a marriage especially if they're unsure how long they're going to stay.

People are going to do what you allow them to do. If you turn a blind eye 99% of the time, bad luck for those 1%, but people are going to keep doing it. Now if they actually enforced the laws more stringently, I'm sure you'd see a lot of this border crossing going way down.

I feel bad for the person who got deported... there's always a small risk.

As for why people just don't get legal.... because it's not easy? A lot of people don't qualify right away for residency. Marriage is a pretty simple route, but others don't have that luxury and aren't willing to jump feet first into a marriage especially if they're unsure how long they're going to stay.

I thought enrolling at the university in Argentina was pretty cheap and a straightforward way to get a student visa, then after two years you could apply for residency. On the plus side, it's not like in the States where you have to actually attend and/or pass exams to keep your visa.

As far as the other reasons you mentioned, I don't think people with a home and all of their belongings here don't know if they are going to stay for 6 months or less, moreover if you consider how many then ask for a lawyer to enter the country upon denial. If I were a tourist somewhere and I was denied entry in that country, would have no problem in taking the next flight back. No need to call a lawyer to get it solved so that I could enter the next time.

And the other "reason" you mentioned - turning a blind eye - it's really a petty logic. The same as "it's not me that scammed/robbed you, it's you who let this happen".

I thought enrolling at the university in Argentina was pretty cheap and a straightforward way to get a student visa, then after two years you could apply for residency. On the plus side, it's not like in the States where you have to actually attend and/or pass exams to keep your visa.

As far as the other reasons you mentioned, I don't think people with a home and all of their belongings here don't know if they are going to stay for 6 months or less, moreover if you consider how many then ask for a lawyer to enter the country upon denial. If I were a tourist somewhere and I was denied entry in that country, would have no problem in taking the next flight back. No need to call a lawyer to get it solved so that I could enter the next time.

And the other "reason" you mentioned - turning a blind eye - it's really a petty logic. The same as "it's not me that scammed/robbed you, it's you who let this happen".l
i thought Bajo had once stated very emphatically that immigration actually checks on students on student visas...that they send officials to the schools and check for attendance. And if the student isn't actually attending classes they are what, denied the visa or deported? If any of that is still true sounds like you better be keeping your chair warm in classes..

i thought Bajo had once stated very emphatically that immigration actually checks on students on student visas...that they send officials to the schools and check for attendance. And if the student isn't actually attending classes they are what, denied the visa or deported? If any of that is still true sounds like you better be keeping your chair warm in classes..

It is true.

Ceviche, i remember only one case where he/she wanted to go to immigration to get notified of the deportation order. I said, we are not going to do that. Subject finished.
But immigration continue sending letters because unless he/she goes there to be notified, they cannot deport him/her.
This person started to behave crazy. I m a lawyer, not a shrink.
Neither an employed. He/she was super angry with me because i didn't do what he/she wanted.
But i don't care, he/she is an AR citizen instead of a deported expat.
I don't run a Whole Foods store.

Quick guess :-

300 - USA
100- Western Europe
rest - rest of the world

I'd actually be willing to bet the vast majority of those being denied entry are from other LATAM countries. I know there have been multiple cases on the news of Columbians for example being denied entry on a tourist visa as they suspected they were dealing drugs.

I'd be interested to know actually - perhaps BC will enlighten us since he provided the statistic?

Back