Expat drinks night/meetup?

Hi everyone, Katherine and I have decided to get together tomorrow night at my girlfriends, cousins restaurant. It is called Aramburu you can check out the website at http://www.arambururesto.com The food is Alta Cocina de Vanguardia (around 30-40 pesos per plate). Afterwords we were thinking of going to San Telmo around 1am to either the Red Door or Guevera. Anyone else is interested in joining us is more than welcome. Just email me at [email protected]. Thanks, Greg

"pescador" said:
Hi all-
Just joined the forum, I'll be in BsAs for the next 4 or 5 months from Boston. The conversation club tomorrow night sounds good - I've been looking for some conversation classes as my Spanish needs a lot of work. I just went to a free conversation class today at 4776 Charcas #9c - it's every Wed. at 3:30 if anyone's interested. It was a good hour of conversation. Also, anybody else in search of somewhere to watch baseball??!!
Mary
Que Tal !!! I was just curious as to the details of the conversation session you spoke of (on Charcas). I live on the 4,400 block of Charcas and would love something that close. I am currently taking some private lessons but would love to supplement with a gathering to talk and get to know some more people. Is this place a residence / bar / restaurant. I would love a reply...Thanks
It's a language institute on the top floor of an apartment complex. They do all sorts of different activities and Spanish immersion trips, yesterday was my first day but I'll definitely be going to more of the conversation classes. They actually have a convo meet n' greet at a Indian restaurant/ bar - the address is 1416 Humbolt but I'm not sure of the name of the place. People will be getting there around 7 but I told them I couldn't come til later and they said people will be arriving all night! So it sounds like it may be a good meeting point. Anybody interested? [email protected]

the venue was cancelled for tonight's convo club at pink lola. if i hear anything ill post it here :)

I just got here a couple of days ago and would enjoy meeting some people. I'm from England but have lived in San Francisco for the last few years. Currently taking a little career break, so spending some time exploring Buenos Aires. I'm in Palermo and would love to join you at Aramburu this evening. I'm a runner, so anyone up for a little jaunt around the parks of Palermo, let me know - smoke allowing!
Cheers!
Eamon

Eamon, I'm a runner too! I've been looking for a local running club to try to merge running with spanish conversation so if anybody knows of one please let me know. I may be up for Aramburu as well, what time are you all meeting at the restaurant?

Ok thanks for everyone that responded. I talk to them and they have run out of room. It is a small place and the largest table fits 6. They may have room for one or two more, but they would have to sit at a separate table. So far I have Kate, mclancy, Eamon, Elena, my friend Floren from here and me.Thanks everyone! I look forward to seeing all of you. Greg

If there is room for one more? I would like to come.

Why dont you post where you all are going after for drinks, then some other people could join too.

Back