Expat lunch schedule?

The lunch is confirmed for Tuesday at 1 PM at the Deli Wok...cabildo 930. It is actually closer to the OLLEROS station of Linea D and I have edited my previous posts to include this information.

The cost is 28 pesos plus drink plus tip (10% is fine).

If anyone's birthday is within five days before or after the 16th their lunch will be free.

You must have your document with you to prove it's your birthday.

This will apply to the first expat diner who posts that info prior to the lunch. If there are two expats with birthday's in the given time frame we can "split" into groups of five (or more) at side by side tables to qualify for more than one free lunch.

To keep this thread near the top (and on the home page), I ask all who plan to attend to confirm today or tomorrow (even if you indicated you would attend in an earlier post).

And please bring small bills...preferably nothing larger than 20's. It might be difficult to change for a 100 peso note...

It is customary to tip the guys working the parilla and the other station (2 pesos), and I always add 10% per person for the table server. If you don't include a tip it comes out of my pocket. I pay for my own lunch as well...only birthday boys and girls (if any) eat for free (but are charged for their drinks).

hmm, I might make this my very first expat event...after 13 months here! :-O

newcomers welcome, I presume? :)

esllou said:
hmm, I might make this my very first expat event...after 13 months here! :-O

newcomers welcome, I presume? :)
confirm YES or NO,,,not too difficult..:rolleyes:

Newcomers should know that there is no age limit...low or high.

We always have had a great mix and everyone has been super friendly.

The back and forth banter of the forum is not an issue....

(Even Hot Yoga Teacher and I had a pleasant chat at one of the lunches!)

HowardinBA said:
confirm YES or NO,,,not too difficult..:rolleyes:

sorry, didn't know we were doing that. Yes, I'll come along. Meeting inside or out?

Can this "stupid, hypocritical"etc. etc. etc., person attend without fear of getting lynched?

steveinbsas said:
Newcomers should know that there is no age limit...low or high.

We always have had a great mix and everyone has been super friendly.

The back and forth banter of the forum is not an issue....

(Even Hot Yoga Teacher and I had a pleasant chat at one of the lunches!)

SaraSara said:
Can this "stupid, hypocritical"etc. etc. etc., person attend without fear of getting lynched?

I'm from Chicago.

We don't linch stupid hipocrites (or even the smart ones who can read teleprompters...where spelling is never an issue).

We elect'em presedent...and it don't matter which of the 57 states he's from.

You are most welcome to attend!

Back