Expat lunch schedule?

Thanks for adding the last line. I'll do my best to attend - would like to put faces on some forum aliases.

And please bring small bills...preferably nothing larger than 20's. It might be difficult to change for a 100 peso note...

It is customary to tip the guys working the parilla and the other station (2 pesos), and I always add 10% per person for the table server. If you don't include a tip it comes out of my pocket. I pay for my own lunch as well...only birthday boys and girls (if any) eat for free (but are charged for their drinks).

porteña said:
Hi, I'll be there as well. Looking forward to seeing you again, Sara!
Good to know you are going - will make an extra effort to be there.

I just went to Deli Wok in Recoleta and it is a great bargain! I'll try to be there tomorrow

I am a yes for tomorrow and I look forward to meeting you all!

It looks like there is going to be a good turnout tomorrow, but I want everyone to know that this time I am not going to ask the folks at the restaurant to push all of the tables together and only provide one check.

Even when all of the tables are "together" it really isn't possible for more than six people to engage in a common conversation, so each "group" of six will have their own check and one individual at each table will have to be willing to collect and pay.

We'll still all be in one group, but I am not willing to absorb the extra cost of those who can't keep track of their drinks, refuse to tip, or try to leave without paying (it has happened).

Back