Expat Package - What to expect?

Finding a great place can be done, you just have to hunt around a bit. Me and my girlfriend stay in a beautiful 2br furnished apartment for $650 per month, all bills included. After a few days of hunting on craigslist etc you'll get good at filtering 98% of the ripoff rentals they're advertising and find some genuinely good offers, just stick in there.

Secchi,

If your company acts as the guarantor for your apartment rental, then you can rent a nice apartment at local prices. This is usually what is done when a company relocates an employee to another country. The minimum lease in Argentina is a two year contract with the ability to get out of the contract after 6 months, and paying a penalty of one and a half months your rent. You must give a 30-60 notice. If you give up the apartment after one year, you pay one month of your rent as a penalty.

An example of what you could be spending for a one bedroom apartment, unfurnished, in the Palermo, Barrio Norte, or Recoleta neighborhoods: $1700-$2300 pesos

2 bedrooms: $1900-3000 pesos

Furnished apartments would run you a little more, say a 2 bedroom furnished apartment in Palermo and Barrio Norte could run you around $2800-$3500.

If your company is going to act as the guarantor, they may even cover the real estate commissions, etc...real estate fees are usually 2 months of the total two year rent. Most contracts have a 10-20% increase for the second year.

If you need help with this, feel free to contact me. I am a real estate agent with REMAX. Good Luck!

Back