Expats not happy, why stay?

Alzinho said:
Here's my answer to the thread title:
I came on a 5 day visit to Buenos Aires......3 years ago.
I didn't even like it very much, but......I met a girl.
It lasted less than a year, but......she got pregnant.
I'm now stuck here, probably for the rest of my life, because I want to be part of my son's life.
That's pretty real.....and sad.
Somewhere in those 6 lines there is a book title.

mini said:
So, you didn't consider yourself an immigrant? How long were you in Washington?

I did not consider myself an immigrant because we did not intend to stay - it just happened.

How long have you been in Argentina?

ghost said:
Soul:
I guess it's time for a change. I saw your ad on another site, good luck with the sale.
You have made a contribution to Argentina and her economy and to the many who have enjoyed your facility. I guess, at the end of the day, it's all about making memories.
101 degrees of latitude is no small hop. May you find Rad skiing at it's best.
Adios ole friend.
[oh yeah, and thanks for the tip on the Schwab Card]

Thanks for the kind words!

Actually, our contribution to Argentina was part of the impetus for relocating to Alaska. We were asked to help creating a values based, eco friendly, RAD ski area. More on that in the months to come.

If I may dare be so bold, here is the link to our income producing property for sale in Patagonia.

SaraSara said:
I did not consider myself an immigrant because we did not intend to stay - it just happened.
How long have you been in Argentina?
We've been here 1.5 yrs now. So... It's almost time to start planning our next move! LOL.

mini said:
We've been here 1.5 yrs now. So... It's almost time to start planning our next move! LOL.

With the inflation, as long as you don't have family, personal, or real estate obligations now looks like a good time to bail. The next couple of years here looks tough.

IFMGA said:
Come on... don't hold out on us....

I'll save it for the book....but here's a taster:
There's a possibility that I'm not even the biological father, but I don't want to do a DNA test because he'd still be my son because I love him more than life itself, so why put myself through it?

gouchobob said:
With the inflation, as long as you don't have family, personal, or real estate obligations now looks like a good time to bail. The next couple of years here looks tough.

No. But thanks for your concern. Our plan was to be here 2-3 years, and we are right on schedule.

Alzinho said:
I'll save it for the book....but here's a taster:
There's a possibility that I'm not even the biological father, but I don't want to do a DNA test because he'd still be my son because I love him more than life itself, so why put myself through it?

It's extremely important for you and for him to know. It will only be worse the older he gets.

Back