Expats Trekking/climbing/outdoors group...

Hmmm... maybe we all should try to have a get together before I leave. I'm equipped enough to do Everest, but I don't have double plastic boots, but I use ski mountaineering boots and a pair of alpinist mountaineering boots & super gaiters instead. It would be redundant to have both anyways... I plan on leaving for good at the end of November and probably head out to Thailand afterwards with my 7 summits proposal to talk to companies out there. I am hoping to get more sponsors to get to Antarctica to do Vinson before I leave. It would be a waste to have to head back home to the US and having to come back out for that...

First of all, nice to hear that you are aiming for the seven summits.

I assume that you have alredy been on Aconcagua, so have I , via the Normal Route, went solo in January last and now I am planning to go again, via "The Polish Glacier" just to stay in shape, because I am going for Denali in June.

If you need a partner for Vinson, then I am your man.

Send me an e mail to [email protected]

What is the status of this outdoors club? Has it taken off? I don't have much experience, but I would love to be in the loop for such things.

I'd love to go on some hikes.. I am from the San Francisco Bay area and I miss the non-urban outdoors!

Currently at my current home, in Penitentes , Mendoza.. training at some 4000+ meters until November 15th, then it´s off to Aconcagua. Anybody that wants to join me right now are welcomed to. You can´t enter the park just yet, but there are a lot of peaks and trails to take on here on the south side of the park. You can see Aconcagua from here, heck, you can cross the Chile border w/o paying the so-called 'tourist' fee at the airport. I can be reached at 54 9 261 4 710-0506. :D

Mike1 - best of luck!

I'm game for day trips in and around BA if anyone has any plans.

Currently, I am in Las Cuevas, the last city before the Chilean border, some 10,000+ feet above sea level, with everything closed and only enough people that live here to count with my hands. I will be here for a while, until November 15th, training to go higher, & acclimating. However, I will be in Mendoza to replenish my supplies once a week.

I'm not a hardcore hiker, but would love to get together with some people who'd enjoy exploring the outside perimeters of the city (i.g. hiking; kayaking; canoeing or any kind of adventure) . Even though Mike1's proposition sounds exhilarating, I just don't have the experience or time to embark on such a trek. If anyone out there would be down for some weekend adventures or has any suggestions on places to visit just outside of BA it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully something can materialize out of this thread because i've been in the city for almost a month and have a major "jones" to see the "campo".

Btw, i'll be in BA until February and would be interested in planning a trip to the Patagonia region some time in after October and also a deep sea fishing trip.

Holla back!

Whoohoo just ran into the coolest hostel in Mendoza with ALL YOU CAN DRINK WINE 24/7 for $30 pesos a night!!! I'm currently in Recoleta taking care of some business for a week or 2 before I head back, so if anyone wants to hang out, shoot me a line at 54 9 11 6031-6578.

I am not a climber, would love to do it someday....would love to reach the Summit of the Lanin Volcano....I do a lot of trekking when I am in Bariloche, which is usually around December-January period.

I am living permanently in Buenos Aires and would love to get away from time to time to do some day hiking, trekking, any type of outdoor activities near Buenos Aires or would be open to traveling outside of the province as well.

Back