Expedited Emergency Passport renewal?

Thanks for the update. I have t otake my kids next week to get their passports renewed. Happy to see it so quick for the process itself.

Thanks for the update. I have t otake my kids next week to get their passports renewed. Happy to see it so quick for the process itself.
My recent experience was similar to what DB Cooper describes, in and out in 30-40 minutes, all very smooth and efficient. I was allowed to bring my cell inside, I just had to leave it with the guard right inside the door while I ventured further within.

And he's got it backwards when he says that paying with pesos will cause you to lose money. Let's think this through. 130 USD at the blue rate of call it 500 pesos would cost you 65K pesos. At the official rate of call it 275, it will only cost you 35,750 pesos. You're saving almost half. I paid cash, in pesos, and you should try to do the same.

In other words, you can take that 130 USD, buy 65k pesos with it, pay 35,750 for your passport, and keep the other 29,250 pesos. That's not losing money.

How do such obviously intelligent and well-educated people make such silly mistakes when it comes to exchange? Your guess is as good as mine!

That's great info!! I am definitely going to take pesos.
I had to wait about 5 weeks for my appointment to visit the embassy, and then another 6 weeks for the new passport to arrive. So, all told, the process took only two weeks less than a calendar quarter. Of course, I was not requesting am emergency pass or anything like that.

As above poster stated, when you arrive do not join the long queue on the sidewalk, go straight up to the *ACS window, to the left of the door.

*ACS = American Citizen Services

P.S. You should check out the bathroom even if you don't need to go. OMG, like a little slice of America! All tile and gleaming stainless steel, spacious, airy, well-lit, squeaky-clean, and not a damn frenchy bidet in sight. Nobody does bathrooms like we Americans do! I got all nostalgic & home-sick just from taking a leak.

Back