Eye glasses prices in BA

sab15

Registered
Hi,

I'm wondering if it's inexpensive down there to buy lenses and frames. Can someone tell me about what it costs for a generic frame and scratch protection, glare proof thin lenses? As a basis for comparison, my current glassses cost about $320 in NYC. I'm not including the cost of an examination. I don't need that.

Thanks.

sab15

You can get a decent pair for about 100 USD (frame + lenses). That's at a neighborhood-type optician's, and the selection isn't as vast as your average shop in Manhattan, but I've found it to be pretty decent. If you want something more high fashion, a la Infinit (http://www.infinit.la/ ) you'll be looking at US prices (250 - 400 USD range).

Hmm. Maybe I'll try for the $100 deal while down there. Up here, that would be impossible. I want a back up pair of glasses, just don't feel like spending $300 plus. Luckily my company's vision plan coverd about half, but now I've blown that and would have to pay for a 2nd pair on my own.

I assume you're in the states right now. The site is legit, but they're a little slow on shipping. Might take 2-3 weeks to get them.

I'm actually wearing a $15 pair from there as my primary pair, they're great.

I had a fun experience that would make me say that you should buy your glasses in the USA. I had my eyes examined locally and glasses made locally but when I went to pick up the glasses the prescription was off. I could not see a thing with the glasses. Anyway to make a long story short, it was a real waste of time and they would not give me my deposit back on the glasses. I do not know who was at fault but you can save yourself a lot of hassle by getting the glasses in the USA as the customer service and customer satisfaction is more than likely going to be better than what you are going to find here.

Back