eze aduanas

Like most US brands of tools, Stanley is cheap foreign-made trash now, but back in the day they made good gear.
Stanley Black and Decker INC also owns Dewalt, Porter Cable, Craftsman, and Fatmax, all with made-in-US offerings. Stanley the brand has been downgraded as its budget line, along with Black and Decker.

Peronism is all about made in Argentina and supporting local industry.

...Through formal politics, not through individualist personal consumer activism. The idea of change through personal consumption is in fact a core part of neoliberal ideology, which Peronism is opposed to.

...Through formal politics, not through individualist personal consumer activism. The idea of change through personal consumption is in fact a core part of neoliberal ideology, which Peronism is opposed to.
Juan Peron: "When it comes to political action, the scale of values of every Peronist is: Argentina first; the movement second; and thirdly, the individuals."

Buying an imported $100 Thermos is hardly putting Argentina first.

Perhaps you can explain, in numerical terms, how the state can support an Argentine Thermos making company / industry through “formal politics” alone, without any individual actually buying their Thermoses?

Alberto Fernández: “Volver a generar consumo para que la economía vuelva a funcionar”

Perhaps you can also explain why FDT policies and speeches are so focused on “consumption” if individuals as consumers are not a part of economic change under Peronism?

Juan Peron: "When it comes to political action, the scale of values of every Peronist is: Argentina first; the movement second; and thirdly, the individuals."

Buying an imported $100 Thermos is hardly putting Argentina first.

Perhaps you can explain, in numerical terms, how the state can support an Argentine Thermos making company / industry through “formal politics” alone, without any individual actually buying their Thermoses?

Alberto Fernández: “Volver a generar consumo para que la economía vuelva a funcionar”

Perhaps you can also explain why FDT policies and speeches are so focused on “consumption” if individuals as consumers are not a part of economic change under Peronism?

You managed to cite nothing that proves your point, good work. The idea that Peronism aims to help local industry not through policies that support it, but by telling people to buy local products or they're personally bad, is honestly hilarious. It has a demonstrated record of doing the former and not the latter, so much so that you failed to find any actual examples of the latter.

Wow, this part is pretty funny. Consumption is a measurable macroeconomic statistic, much like GDP or balance of trade. They aim to increase the overall frequency of transactions in the economy by passing policies that encourage the spending of money, that's not literally telling people to change their consumer habits on a personal moral level and denouncing them if they don't.

This is embarrassing dude.

Getting back to point a bit here...

Has anyone come in with a guitar recently? I've been through plenty of times with electronics and other things and know the drill there. But I've only traveled with a guitar twice, once I got stopped and the other time I walked right through.

Bring back a guitar on the next trip that someone gave me and I dont want to get flagged to pay tax on a gently used guitar that was a gift.

Wondering if anyone else has had any experiences recently.

I'm never worried about what i'm bringing but how much (quantity not cost). And how much of a stupid yankee i can act like.

Getting back to point a bit here...

Has anyone come in with a guitar recently? I've been through plenty of times with electronics and other things and know the drill there. But I've only traveled with a guitar twice, once I got stopped and the other time I walked right through.

Bring back a guitar on the next trip that someone gave me and I dont want to get flagged to pay tax on a gently used guitar that was a gift.

Wondering if anyone else has had any experiences recently.
I brought a vintage made in USSR accordion in 2 pieces a couple of years ago and the customs woman was totally convinced i was trying to sell it and harassed me about it for several minutes. I was about ready to assemble it and play it to prove her otherwise....

It totally depends on the person you get.

You managed to cite nothing that proves your point, good work. The idea that Peronism aims to help local industry not through policies that support it, but by telling people to buy local products or they're personally bad, is honestly hilarious. It has a demonstrated record of doing the former and not the latter, so much so that you failed to find any actual examples of the latter.

Wow, this part is pretty funny. Consumption is a measurable macroeconomic statistic, much like GDP or balance of trade. They aim to increase the overall frequency of transactions in the economy by passing policies that encourage the spending of money, that's not literally telling people to change their consumer habits on a personal moral level and denouncing them if they don't.

This is embarrassing dude.
No one is saying Peronism is "literally telling" people to change their consumer habits and buy local. Only you are saying that.
Of course if you have policies that direct peoples spending habits, you don't actually need to say anything at all.

Let's try again. If you can actually answer a question directly, that is.
  • How can Argentina support local industry "through formal politics" without individuals actually needing to buy from local industry?
  • How do you calculate consumption for a country without also considering the spend of individuals in that country?
I guess the individual is ultimately key to supporting local industry, huh? After all, even if you want to monopolise the power over consumption through "formal politics" to direct consumer spend towards local industry, then you need to first restrict the buying power or amount of "choice" that the individual consumer has, or at least a big enough group of them to "sustain" the necessary demand to support an otherwise non-competitive local industry and its undesirable products - products that those with the means to avoid incurring the intent of such policies would not touch with a barge pole.

Policies like price controls, subsidies, 50%+ import tariffs, ahora 12, additional taxation on foreign purchases etc etc etc simply create artificial barriers that prevent the majority of individual consumers with more limited financial means from accessing the imported goods they desire by pushing them out of reach through levers such as price and scarcity. Presumably many of those individuals who can't access it due to such policies would also want a Stanley for the same qualitative reasons you pointed out earlier to justify wanting a $100 thermos. These imported products could otherwise be sold locally at a similar price as their local alternatives if it was not for such barriers - but that would mean that local industry either needs to come up on quality or come down on price to maintain the demand it needs to survive. Argentina first. One market for the masses while it's tiendamia or prohibitively priced foreign brand stores or sneaking past aduanas at EZE for you me and the policy makers. Hypocritical and repressive.

Back