Family reunification visa

doubleup_dan

Registered
I am looking into getting the Family reunification visa so I can travel freely into Argentina as my wife is there and I am in the UK.

Does anyone have any experience doing this? From what I have read here https://www.cancilleria.gob.ar/en/services/visas/family-reunification-visa it doesn't look too hard to do and I can do it from the UK.

Does it take a while to get it? It also says I need a "legalized certificate of good conduct issued by the competent authority" in the UK would I go to the police for this?

Thanks for any help.

Impossible right now.

From a US perspective the good conduct Che k is an fbi background Check apostilled and translated to Spanish. Maybe yall have something similar there?

I am looking into getting the Family reunification visa so I can travel freely into Argentina as my wife is there and I am in the UK.

Does anyone have any experience doing this? From what I have read here https://www.cancilleria.gob.ar/en/services/visas/family-reunification-visa it doesn't look too hard to do and I can do it from the UK.

Does it take a while to get it? It also says I need a "legalized certificate of good conduct issued by the competent authority" in the UK would I go to the police for this?

Thanks for any help.

I did it a few months ago the embassy in London were very helpful.
I had all the documents ready because I’d already submitted the permanent residency application through RADEXx
For the certificate of good conduct you need to go on the ACPO website and get the police check. Then you need to send it for apostille.
Then the embassy have a list of certified translators for the translation to Spanish.

Message me if you want to discuss anything else.

I did it a few months ago the embassy in London were very helpful.
I had all the documents ready because I’d already submitted the permanent residency application through RADEXx
For the certificate of good conduct you need to go on the ACRO website and get the police check.
Then you need to send it for apostille which you can either do through an agent or directly with the government.

Then the embassy have a list of certified translators for the translation to Spanish.

Message me if you want to discuss anything else.
QUOTE]

I'm in the process of submitting my application for the family reunification recidency. If you a UK citizen I'm not sure if the visa is the thing you need, you should have visa free access and therefore be able to apply for the residency next time you are here? Usually visas are a one use thing, Have you looked into this?

As someone else mentioned it's the ACRO criminal record you need. I got the express option and it was done in two days, you then need to post it to the Legalisation Office to get it apostillzed. Again the was received and sent back to me in a few days. After that it needs to be translated - presumably if you're submitting for something from the UK you'll be able to use a UK based translator, be sure to check if you do this that it's very likely that you'll need the translation apostillzed as well. If you're doing from Argentina then you can have it translated here but it also needs to be legalized by the Colegio de traductores, the translator should be able to help you with that.

You can also message me directly if I can help with anything else!

The visa they issued me is multi entry and valid for one year and gives permanent residency, with it you can go and get your DNI straight away. I haven’t managed to get a turno to get my DNI yet though but have entered the country twice on the visa.

Has anyone done the visa (during COVID) where your spouse is with you outside of Argentina?

I don't think that's the intent of the visa but you could perhaps just not mention it?
At the time I did mine they had to get special permission to issue the visa from DNM since visas are/were suspended they may check that your spouse is in the country at this point I don't know.

The visa they issued me is multi entry and valid for one year and gives permanent residency, with it you can go and get your DNI straight away. I haven’t managed to get a turno to get my DNI yet though but have entered the country twice on the visa.

Sorry for the slow reply, thanks so much for the information. Roughly how long does it take? Do you think it is better to get this visa or just apply for residence once I am there next? (planning on going in January)

Does anyone know if I can enter Argentina on a tourist visa at the moment? Covid is the main reason I am looking into the visa as I have no intention of living in Argentina but I need to be able to travel freely back and forward.

Back