Farewell Buenos Aires

Hello,
I wanted to take this opportunity to publicly air the fact that, after 18 months in the city, I am finally returning to the cold, refreshing, storm battered shores of the UK. .......
I'm leaving. Cheerio :D

Have a good trip. :) I love Wales too but I couldnt pretend that it doesnt have it's own corruption problems either - For instance the largest case of alleged police corruption ever brought before the British courts. It centred on an investigation into the murder in 1988 of Lynette White, a 20-year-old woman working as a prostitute in Cardiff. http://www.guardian....uption-evidence and the planning system in the Valleys is risable.

And Italy even more so - as has already been mentioned many portenos say the bad inspiration for Buenos Aires has been Naples and we are not talking football

OK Wales so not at the same scale as here but it soundls like something has really pissed you off recently here. I see you are a TEFL teacher is it connected with that?

I can't believe you are leaving because you believe all the gossip on B A Expats!

And not a moment to soon, if I believe all the gossip here...

I bet you miss us! And if you sneak a few shy peeks at these pages to see if things are any better then let us know!

Rhowch groeso cynnes i wlad fy nhadau

Since you lived in both places, would you say that the Argentine version of Italian food is very close tot he real deal?

I haven`t lived in Italy but had been there for about 40 times and I wholeheartedly can say: The argentine version of italian food is way _better_ than the original IMHO.

Hello,
I wanted to take this opportunity to publicly air the fact that, after 18 months in the city, I am finally returning to the cold, refreshing, storm battered shores of the UK.
And not a moment to soon, if I believe all the gossip here...

Here is what I will miss:
1. Cheap plonk (although I am moving to Italy in January, so not for long)
2. Beautiful women (as much as I love Wales, there are salty sea-hags abound)
3. Empanadas (for om-nom-nom goodness and 2:30am munchies)

Here is what I won't miss:
1. Buenos Aires

That about sums it up.

I love Argentina and its beautiful landscapes, its flora and fauna, and its amazing food (STEAK!!).

But the sooner Buenos Aires breaks off from the mainland and floats off into the Atlantic, the sooner Argentina can get rid of the stinking corruption and become the country it was supposed to be.

And I know that will upset some people.
But I don't care.
I'm leaving.

Cheerio :D

Hope you have fun wherever you end up.

The difference is that Italy has come up to modern world standard's as a member of the EU.

hmm, for all the love I have for Italy, I have to say that this is only true in the North, North from Roma.
Sicily -my favourite place in Italy- has Argentina standards, also for the positive things (i.e. people).

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. I guess the Chinese/Japanese/Mexican/ etc... food is better for Thereandbackagain here too......

Mmm...haven`t thought to get so many strong reactions on that. Well. It is my experience. Last italian Pizza I had was two month ago in Milano, right in front of the Duomo. And it could not compete with the Pizza I usually get here. People oftenly have a very settled opinion which not necesarily reflects the truth. Otherwise I am the first one to critize food here. But when it comes to Pizza, Pasta and IceCream it is better here than in italy.

Back