Farewell Buenos Aires

Mozzarella in Argentina is a disaster, but even with the plastic i love the pizza. More than some of the shitty stuff i got in Rome, Florence, Milan, and some other places. And i agree on the icecream, cheap and fantastic. Nomnomnom.

The women in Argentina are more beautiful??? Than where? I take it there's an implicit "don't dis AR" rule for this site, but I think we should be frank. Opinions are opinions, nothing more, and I personally think it interesting to read what others think, whether what they say is positive or negative. So I'm going that route. Back to the women: I don't think they're beautiful by any means -- too many crummy dye jobs, too much skin damage due to sun exposure and smoking, and they dress terribly. They're certainly not more beautiful than those in Barcelona, where I've spent some time.

Being a girl maybe i look at other girls differently, but having spend quite sometime in Barcelona myself, one of the first images that comes to mind thinking of it is the grungy, smokey, havent-washed-myself-in-years look. Talk about awfully cut hair, terrible dress sense and too much smoking? I find girls on both sides to be naturally beautiful, but never thought girls in Barcelona were enhancing that fact much.

All my friends that travelled from Argentina to Italy (Argentines) say that they thought the food in Argentina is much better. It's probably just a matter of taste. I'll bet you that beef in Argentina is still better than beef in Italy...

I haven`t lived in Italy but had been there for about 40 times and I wholeheartedly can say: The argentine version of italian food is way _better_ than the original IMHO.

You have to be on drugs to even post that.. or your mouth is addicted to empanadas. Argentina has nothing on real Italian food ZERO nothing nada not even a F·&ing candle to hold to it. Get over yourself. I am sorry but your culinary talent and capabilities here are worthless in compirson and you have no right to even compare them to art of food in Italy. Then again perhaps coming from Argentina you were eating burgers in Itally please spare me.

Just to clarify (and as it says in my original post) I have lived in Buenos Aires and have been on this site for the last 18 months. I don't know why it says I am a newcomer.
Maybe I am being a bad guest, but Buenos Aires was a pretty lousy host if you ask me.

Of course, this is only my opinion. I have had many wonderful experiences in Argentina, but all outside of the city.

As for Italy, I am moving to a place called Lecco, which is in the very north of Italy on the banks of Lake Como. Look it up and you will see why I made my decision.

As for food, well I guess I will find out. But in my experience, the original is usually the best.
But I doubt they will beat empanadas.

Just my opinion.
Now I'm off to enjoy the Welsh cold.

My apologies, I had no idea you had been in the country so long. But it was good to hear that you have had positive experiences of Argentina as well. I wish you the best of luck in Italy, yes Lake Como and its surrounds is stunning.

Give my best to Wales, cold and wet as it is, it's still home :)

Majortungsten, please don't tell me that you won't miss Cinthia Fernandez and Fatima Flores.
I would put links here, but they may cause palpitations.

You have to be on drugs to even post that.. or your mouth is addicted to empanadas. Argentina has nothing on real Italian food ZERO nothing nada not even a F·&ing candle to hold to it. Get over yourself. I am sorry but your culinary talent and capabilities here are worthless in compirson and you have no right to even compare them to art of food in Italy. Then again perhaps coming from Argentina you were eating burgers in Itally please spare me.

No. I am not addcited to empanadas. Usually complain too about argentine food and cook mostly inhouse. Yes, I truly think that those people who p´believe italian food has to be better just because it is italian haven`t been there for a long time or are just used to complain about BA so much. Or probably have seen too much "Eat, Love, Pray" lol

Why is that that makes you guys getting so crazy about the possiblitiy that there can be something good in BA? I don`t know how many insults I already got for this statement yet it is just my opinion.

No. I am not addcited to empanadas. Usually complain too about argentine food and cook mostly inhouse. Yes, I truly think that those people who p´believe italian food has to be better just because it is italian haven`t been there for a long time or are just used to complain about BA so much. Or probably have seen too much "Eat, Love, Pray" lol

Why is that that makes you guys getting so crazy about the possiblitiy that there can be something good in BA? I don`t know how many insults I already got for this statement yet it is just my opinion.

I am sorry If was out of line.. but I have a 2 year degree in culinary arts from the CIA and Italian in the art of food is in the world class realm from salads, to sauces, to deserts. It is the the little things in the way they work this art.. the liquors, the cream, to cheeses, the breads..the list in almost endless if you understand real Italian food. Honestly IMHO Italy is the culanary capital of the world but I do prefer good sushi to Italian. I have also been there several times in my studies of these things and I can only say WoW but I was eating the best of the best.

Yes there is good Italian in BA but nothing near the same level of art with the Italian art if you really know it.

Back