Farmers/produce Markets???

BrettOZ

Registered
Hey guys new to this & couldn't see a related topic but i was wondering if anyone knows of any good produce markets. Have already done Chinatown & San Telmo produce stalls but wondering if there was a big market here??

Where are you living? Most neighborhoods have great vegetable stores on the corner every few blocks. Walk your neighborhood and you will find everything you need.
Nancy

Yes I have walked the Palermo, Recoletta & San Telmo + Chinatown for the last month & whilst they all offer some great things I was hoping there was a big market once a week or even month where you could have a walk around & a little sample of what the Argentine world has to offer & find those wonderful little surprises to go home & experiment with. Went to the multicultural festival on Saturday at Plaza De Mayo & it was great...all types of food from all over the place.

I would hardly call the neighborhood verdularias great. I usually find better quality produce and a much much much larger variety at the large supermarkets near my house.

Brett, the main farmers market is at Mercado Central which is just off the Richieri when you get past gen. paz. It's huge.

http://www.mercadocentral.gob.ar/

Excellent thanks Philip...looks a fair trek out of town but worth it I'd say.

Yes I have walked the Palermo, Recoletta & San Telmo + Chinatown for the last month & whilst they all offer some great things I was hoping there was a big market once a week or even month where you could have a walk around & a little sample of what the Argentine world has to offer & find those wonderful little surprises to go home & experiment with. Went to the multicultural festival on Saturday at Plaza De Mayo & it was great...all types of food from all over the place.

Try the feria de mataderos. They usually have some elaborated products that might fit the bill but I think (based on the few posts of yours I've seen) you're looking for something that there really isn't a lot of. Although, if you haven't already tried it, a good berenjenas al escabeche might fit the bill

Went out to the feria yesterday & we wound up getting on the Vinos with a few of the locals..had a ball & tried some different things out there. Had the fingers crossed for this morning though as some of the hygiene practices looked very suspect but all good.

Try this organic market fair that's being held this March 16 and 17 at Bosques de Palermo:
https://www.facebook.com/buenosairesmarket

Have you been to Mercado del Progreso in Caballito?

That would be the best of the produce markets in Capital - but as said previously you may be looking for something that just isn't really there...

Yep, welcome to the limitations of BsAs.
Have you checked out Matadors on the weekend?

Back