Fast Food in Buenos Aires

there used to be a argentinian fast food chain restaurant based on mc donalds and burger king, it was called pumper nic , buy it didnt succed . it was popular in the 80s . it looked exactly like walking into a burger king , oh well

I went to McDonald's a couple of weeks ago and had a double cheeseburger, fries, and a washed down all those toxins with a cold coca-cola. Mm-mmm! The beef tasted better than the McD's in the U.S. Maybe once a month I'll get a fast-food fix.

"Gearjammer" said:
I went to McDonald's a couple of weeks ago and had a double cheeseburger, fries, and a washed down all those toxins with a cold coca-cola. Mm-mmm! The beef tasted better than the McD's in the U.S.
Maybe once a month I'll get a fast-food fix.
They're probably using fresh meat, or if frozen, not meat that's full of hormones and chemicals. In the USA, Wendy's uses fresh meat (albeit still full of chemicals and hormones), while Burger King and McD use frozen meat. Furthermore, I've read somewhere that McD uses meat shavings (i.e., what falls to the floor when they cut a frozen carcass) for some of its burgers. Once you read books like Schlosser's "Fast Food Nation," you never want to go near a fast food place again. The truth is we don't know what we're eating in the USA: the food industry is dominated by large agribusiness. Even so-called "health food" is dominated by the same or similar big-business concerns (it's a lucrative market, what with all those urban metrosexuals naively buying "free-range" and "free-roam" meat and poultry).
I don't know if you've tried some of the local burger joints -- the burgers and fries taste better, fresher, more wholesome, and they're going for about half the price.

I hate to think about how the meat is prepared. When I was driving a truck in the U.S., once I had to go to a slaughterhouse to pick up a load of meat. The cows were crammed in these pins and barely had room to move around and the smell was intoxicating. I didn't eat meat for a couple of weeks after that and ate very little the following couple of months.Yes, I have had a couple of burgers at local restaurants, very good. I guess it was the ease of ordering, takeout, and getting it fast, that McD's sometimes has its purpose. I also like to use Heinz ketchup which I can only get at the grocery store. I'm sure there are some local places that deliver burgers.More vegetables would be the order of the day for my diet also.

Back