fav bar / nightclub

oh god you make me laugh napoleon! hahahahahaha... you see i need to ask because when i come over to BA i only get a few days, only two or three local nights. and like you said Right Said Fred... of course i should check it all out myself .... but i dont have the luxury of wasting time going to crap places ... i need to know whats HOT NOW!

so keep em coming! GRACIAS!

oh and my reason for asking about sugarbar is because somehow i managed to have them as friends on facebook...

Sugar is ok for cheap happy hour beers, shame they decided to paint the nice old rustic looking brick walls, which are now all red.
Rumi is always good on a wednesday night. I would recommend checking out Fiesta Bubamara which is an eastern european party that happens about once a month in different locations. It is a big mix of music with gypsy sounds, reggae and ska.

By the way if anyone needs to get on a guestlist for any nightclub in BA our site is now doing free guestlists (mainly free entrance also). We're working with most of the major clubs in Buenos Aires now and next week will have more available - it's here -
Buenos Aires Nightclub Guestlists

Fettucini said:
Sugar is ok for cheap happy hour beers, shame they decided to paint the nice old rustic looking brick walls, which are now all red.http://www.buenosairesnightguide.com/submitform.aspx

That's correct. I've overheard some people say that the dark red bricks combined with the lowlighting makes it very forgiving for "less attractive people". And having witnessed some of the people who have managed to hookup/snog in there, "some people" are RIGHT!

Napoleon said:
That's correct. I've overheard some people say that the dark red bricks combined with the lowlighting makes it very forgiving for "less attractive people". And having witnessed some of the people who have managed to hookup/snog in there, "some people" are RIGHT!

Even the lights are red. It's awful. Really unpleasant. So much so that we walked in, looked around & walked right back out. EVERYONE looked really ugly actually. I'm all for flattering lighting, but sadly, I think at Sugar the lighting does the opposite of what you suggest.

Yeah well its original appeal was the rustic brick, until they decided to paint it. Don't know what they were thinking!

oh, i thought red lights made meat look better?

anyhoo, we use what we call "beer goggles" - then everyone looks great.

if crowd is truely hideous.. then lots of fun to play "guess the famous person" game... you find someone who of course looks nothing like anyone famous and your friends have to guess who you have spotted.. my best one ever was a girl who looked like mr squiggle.. incredible really...

austgirl said:
oh, i thought red lights made meat look better?

anyhoo, we use what we call "beer goggles" - then everyone looks great.

if crowd is truely hideous.. then lots of fun to play "guess the famous person" game... you find someone who of course looks nothing like anyone famous and your friends have to guess who you have spotted.. my best one ever was a girl who looked like mr squiggle.. incredible really...

No, no, no... I'm certainly not saying the crowd IS hideous, I'm saying the red lights are extremely unfaltering and it makes everyone & everything LOOK awful and I felt slightly dizzy in there.

I'd rather have beer goggles then have to look at someone who looks bright redy orange (unless they are Oompa Loompas of course).

But your game sounds fun actually. I hope the people should look vaguely like the famous person. Otherwise I don't know how you would actually figure it out.

dear sweet mini... yes you must try my game... its hilarious when you are smashed... and of course they have to have something that reminds you of a famous person.. eg. see a man with a really big nose... then of course you say "ok ive just spotted gerard deppaadoo (hahah ive got no idea how to spell his name but you now get what i mean)...

(and the girl who looked like mr squiggle.. she was wasted.. had a long pointy nose, red face, was wearing yellow and had blue hair! )

oh and the term "beer goggles" is an australian thing im sure.. it means you are drunk and looking through "beer coloured glasses"... everything looks nice!

Back