Favorite Expat Destinations

I find it interesting that the current definition of expat is "somebody who doesnt do anything except try to live in the cheapest place possible".

I know a lot of people from the USA who live in other countries- they are, in my book, expats. They are musicians, artists, film makers, biologists, fashion models, film critics, scientists, workers for NGO's, and so on- ie, they have interests, careers, and reasons beyond, as Frank Zappa used to say, Cheepniz, to be somewhere.
They also complain a lot less...

I find it interesting that the current definition of expat is "somebody who doesnt do anything except try to live in the cheapest place possible".

I know a lot of people from the USA who live in other countries- they are, in my book, expats. They are musicians, artists, film makers, biologists, fashion models, film critics, scientists, workers for NGO's, and so on- ie, they have interests, careers, and reasons beyond, as Frank Zappa used to say, Cheepniz, to be somewhere.
They also complain a lot less...
There are rich expats and poor expats and although my ideal expat destination is a house on the banks of Lake Como, it really isn't realistic.

And are you saying that BAexpats are a bunch of sniveling complainers?

tumblr_n2k7a6cA7O1r84rg1o1_500.jpg

Recommended by Ries

Best places to live IMO - Chiang Mai, Thailand, Valencia, Spain, Kula Lumpur,Malaysia, Cartagena, Colombia.
And the winner is TIRANA, ALBANIA !!
Some might talk of the beauties of Albania or the Minxes of Mongolia or their love of this country or that but in the end it is their lust for the cougars (or stud muffins) of Argentina that keeps them here despite their leaky toilet and water-damage suing neighbors. Ask Al Pacino with his Argentine girlfirend of years, Lucila Sola:

2A32DF2A00000578-3148427-image-a-3_1435924394136.jpg

Back