Fbi Background Check Through A 3Rd Party Channeler

douglaswms1991

Registered
Hello,

So I am in the process of getting the paperwork for a work visa, and had a question. Did any of you do your background check through a 3rd party channeler, or do you know if the Office of Migrations here in Buenos Aires will accept it for the work visa? Thanks, and take care.

Doug

Hello,

So I am in the process of getting the paperwork for a work visa, and had a question. Did any of you do your background check through a 3rd party channeler, or do you know if the Office of Migrations here in Buenos Aires will accept it for the work visa? Thanks, and take care.

Doug

It's OK with migraciones and you must use an FBI approved expediter.

As Che wrote in March 2014 (which I just found in an advance search for "fbi expediter") :

We took care of fbi report in less than 2 weeks from BsAs.

1. Go to police station with 3 fingerprint cards. We found most stations will not do fingerprint work bc of laws that restrict. The station on santa fe and scalabrini ortiz worked for us. Bring three so you hopefully have one that works.
2. fbi website has list of expediters who scan prints and get report in 24 hours.
3. fbi expiditer must send their result to US address
4. Overnight that fbi report to Apostille expediter in DC with return fedex to address in US. They go to State Dept and get it done in 2 business days
5. Have person in US overnight back to you
6. Bingo done in less than 2 weeks

http://baexpats.org/...atedsent-to-ba/

In link you will also find this post:

Just to add a bit from recent experience, the police station would not do fingerprints for me on a printed piece of paper (even though the FBI website sas its OK) so you will need to go to the US embassy to get the cards. You can go to the front gate with your passport and they will give you the cards there, without even going in the building.

I also used an FBI-approved expediter and I mailed out the prints last Friday via DHL and already had the results by Tuesday. Just waiting for the hard copy to arrive at my parents place so we can send for apostille. But didn't know there were expeditors for that, too, so will definitely look for some!

Thanks so much for your help. I am new to the site but next time I have a doubt I will search first before asking. And yes, the expediter I used was from the approved list from the FBI website. Take care,

Doug

The important thing is that your FBI channeler produces a report that can be Apostilled. Some channelers' reports can't be apostilled and some can. Ask your channeler.

I know the one from myfbireport.com can be Apostilled.

Just one quick clarification - you must have an appt with the US embassy in order to get fingerprint cards. You can't just walk up and get them.

So I'm actually in Cordoba right now, and for the fingerprints I just printed off the FD-258 form (2 copies) and went to the Jefatura de Policia and got the prints done. Does this mean they'll be rejected once they get to the FBI?

I have friends who have had their prints done at that location and successfully submitted to FBI. I have also done prints there but for use within Argentina. As for the Apostille. Your certificate from the FBI should include the FBI seal and a signature. If your request is noted that it's for foreign use in Argentina--it should be done this way by default. I would still confirm all with the channeler and do with a channeler as FBI is months behind for directly submitted requests from individuals.

I need to get fingerprinting done for an FBI background check. I was looking at the FD-248 form and noticed it is only in English. Is this an issue at the police station here in Buenos Aires in people's experience?

Hi, I just wanted to clarify...the FBI report must have an Apostille, right? I had planned on sending it to the US Department of State do get it, but I forgot and had my mom send me my FBI report to Argentina without the Apostille. And now I'm really bummed that I'll have to send it all the way back! So I just want to make sure it is 100% necessary to have the Apostille...

Back