FBI Report: What if I haven't resided in any country but Argentina for last 3 years?

I thank everyone for her/his response!

Nicole_Ramirez, how did you go about approaching this? Did you simply throw your hands up in the air in defeat and beg? :)

It would say that in Nicole's case she could produce concrete evidence of a good faith effort.

I think in your case you would save yourself more aggravation if you just went ahead and did the FBI check.

I would bet the VERY best result short of that would be for some DNM to say: "you know what you are absolutely right, it makes no sense at all...........................but I still need the report." :D

surfing said:
I think in your case you would save yourself more aggravation if you just went ahead and did the FBI check.

From my perspective, both options are aggravating/annoying, so I'm probably to try without it. If it works, great, less bureaucracy. If it doesn't, gee, one more step in process that seemingly never ends.

well I can't tell you 100% what was said because my husband does do the talking for me when we go. After the 2nd time the FBI report came back with them failing to put the seal ow whatever to be apostilled we took it to them to find out if it was really needed because after all I'd been living here a while already, I could have killed someone here too. I asked my husband that in my opinion I would think the interpol report would be more important than the FBI report from 1country and so he asked and they told him I could wait for that if I choosed. Now when we went to ste States in October we went to immigration the day before to see if the report came in because if not we were going to try with the FBI again and they told us they make exceptions, that if I come back with just the local ploice report and got it authenticated by the State that he would show it to his boss and see if it was ok. Well we ended up not doing it because our entire trip was a nightmare and it turns out my interpol report came in while we were gone and I got my residency. Just waiting on my DNI now. I think no matter what it is all a pain in the butt and you have to have a lot of patience. I have to tell you though if Was doing my paperwork in BA I probably would have given up. I feel for you all.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but did anybody try this recently?

I have been permatourist for over 3 years, married in Argentina, want a DNI. Getting the antecedentes in NL is a complete hassle due to the paperwork involved (officially they need original signed power of attorney (no copy/electonic signature), signature from the local authorities (Argentinean Embassy or Migraciones), appointments take weeks, apostille only in courts etc).

Would be great if I could just show them my passports from past years that clearly show me being here most of the time.

Thanks for any input!

Back