Fed Ex here? reliable?

A&A

Registered
I have to receive some urgent documents overnight from the States. They want to send them Fed Ex. Does anyone have any experience with using Fed Ex here?

Will they arrive overnight? Then what about sending them back? Please let me know it is super urgent.

Thank you.

I have had great experiences via Fed-Ex. Delivered right to my door, no problems.

It is expensive (I think it's 100+ for just an envelop) and you need to make sure the form clearly states that the envelop only contains documents, nothing of any value so as to avoid any issues with customs.

I don't know if they do overnight, I think it's usually 2 day but I could be wrong.

Also sent documents back via fed-ex, no problems there either. I go to the Fed-Ex office on Cabildo in Belgrano. I think I paid 45 USD last time and it arrived in 2 days.

Sorry I don't recall specific time-periods.

Reactions: A&A
Citygirl: Thanks so much. I guess I will have them delivered to my apartment here and hope for the best. I am sure at this point they would not arrive until Monday, but we will see.

Can you tell me where the Fed Ex office you used is? Did they speak english (not a huge deal if not)

It's Cabildo 1559. It's right by the Jose Hernadez subte station. I have no idea if anyone there speaks English as I've only ever spoken to them in Spanish.

This is a list of their destinations (if one is closer to you).
http://fedex.com/ar/dropoff/

I believe they will do pick-ups as well but I've never tried that as their location is really close to me and I prefer to do it directly there.

I used FedEx a couple weeks ago for the first time here in Buenos Aires. They were really great, I will definitely be using them again in the future. I went to the location in centro, I believe it was a couple blocks off Plaza de Mayo. The guy behind the counter was super helpful and spoke great english. I sent out a package to Canada on a Monday with their express service and it arrived by Wednesday. It cost under 50 US dollars. I was very happy with their service and definitely recommend them.

A&A said:
I have to receive some urgent documents overnight from the States. They want to send them Fed Ex. Does anyone have any experience with using Fed Ex here?

Will they arrive overnight? Then what about sending them back? Please let me know it is super urgent.

Thank you.
I have used Fedex at least once every two weeks since arriving In Buenos Aires five years ago. Never a problem sending to the states or receiving.

I have used FedEx for both sending and receiving legal documents, and I was pleased with the service. As others noted, I don't think overnight service is available, but the documents do arrive within 2-3 business days, right to your doorstep. It's pricey though!

Does anyone have any idea about sending something from here to the UK via Fedex? eg. prices, normal delivery time, reliability?

EDIT: ha ha, I just checked FedEx for myself, so no worries. :)

Back