Feliz Dia Del Amigo

I'm not sure about all countries, but many countries have their own holidays or celebrate their own way. In Catalunya Spain they have Sant Jordi where people gift books and roses.

Friend Day is something positive and harmless -- and thankfully Argentines aren't as commercial about holidays so you don't even have to be bothered with buying cards or gifts, just go out and have dinner and drinks and enjoy the company. :)

Feliz Dia del Amigo!

Amigo.jpg

Not sure why should they care about this? Do you care that nobody else celebrates Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving is a harvest festival, which many peoples celebrate, including http://tinyurl.com/2ksdyy (the date varies, of course, from place to place).

Not to disparage friendship, but this has always struck me as a strange "holiday." I don't know any other country that observes it, and it's not like Mother's or Father's Day, where the number of individuals is so clearly limited. My wife tells me that it's a recent invention since her departure from Argentina in the early 1980s.
I think Dia del Amigo is wonderful! And like others have said, why does the fact that other countries don't have it make it strange?? Also, not everyone becomes a mother or father in their lifetime, and not everyone has a partner for Valentine's Day, but (almost) everyone has a friend! It seems like a wonderful, inclusive, fun holiday. I am off to a picnic and then a dinner and I think it is super cute when I talk to people and they tell me that they get together with friends they have had for twenty, thirty, forty years. Yay!

Feliz dia del amigo to everyone here at BAexpats!

I think Dia del Amigo is wonderful! And like others have said, why does the fact that other countries don't have it make it strange?? Also, not everyone becomes a mother or father in their lifetime, and not everyone has a partner for Valentine's Day, but (almost) everyone has a friend! It seems like a wonderful, inclusive, fun holiday. I am off to a picnic and then a dinner and I think it is super cute when I talk to people and they tell me that they get together with friends they have had for twenty, thirty, forty years. Yay!

Feliz dia del amigo to everyone here at BAexpats!

I find it innocuous but hardly memorable. In principle, every day should be a Día del Amigo.

Back