Feria de Mataderos

So yesterday after reading this thread, I convinced my boyfriend to take us. He wasn't sure, said it was a bad area, but since it was a beautiful day we decided to go and see.

I wasn't overly impressed. The quality of the handmade goods wasn't spectacular and the prices aren't that cheap, though if you're looking for a rural looking knife, a woven bag, or a horseshoe to hang over your door, it's a good place to go. My boyfriend wanted to buy a Bienvenidos sign for the quincho, but after picking it up, realized it was made of cardboard. It's not much different from any of the other ferias I've been to - aside from perhaps the horses, which we missed but were blessed with the gifts they left behind. The music and dancing wasn't bad, but I liked Tigre Puerto de Frutos much more - more variety of things and more useful as well. I can't really comment on the food because we didn't buy or look at any of it.

The area is not the best - at all. We drove by some very rundown neighborhoods on the way... not to mention the truck of cows which reminded us of why the place is called Mataderos. If you go, try to go early. I don't mean to scare or to put anyone off from going, but I think there's nicer places out there.

Overall it wasn't a bad time and we had a nice outing... but really, some of the places you all go!! :p

Back