Fernández will extend the quarantine another two weeks?

It was all over the news on TV. You should call 147 to see if someone else nearby (a volunteer in your area) can help you and if not, they just take a note of your request.
Silvie, I called 147. Recorded message ONLY which says: call back starting on Monday,
Who watches TV?
And probably, like a lot of people of age here, I just want to be able to pass on the street without interruption to buy what's needed and return to home. Not get someone else involved and risk contagion from 'a volunteer'.

Looking in other publications, Ambito & Buenos Aires Times, not seeing anything reporting on this. Not to dispute it but just to note. I have 147 in WhatsApp, when trying to ask about this I'm getting an AI reply - "so nice you're thinking of getting married". The building managers will have responsibility?! There's one for the books, in my building anyway. Will call 147 and see how it goes trying to get this "permit". Because 'we don't need no stinking badges"

Monday, April 20 is when the DNU goes into effect. The message on #147 says to call back on Monday to obtain the mandatory permit number which is good for 24 hrs. Any day you want to be out you need to request a new auth number.The Mayor and the Minister of Health held a news conference at 12 noon today. It was carried by all the local channels.

Last edited:
Silvie, I called 147. Recorded message ONLY which says: call back starting on Monday,
Who watches TV?
And probably, like a lot of people of age here, I just want to be able to pass on the street without interruption to buy what's needed and return to home. Not get someone else involved and risk contagion from 'a volunteer'.
The "assistance of a volunteer" Silvie is referring to is part of the city's program to aid ALL seniors who do not want to go out. One can request assistance in doing the shopping, paying your utility bills at RapiPago/Pago Facil, etc. But if you are 70+ and plan to continue doing it yourself you need to obtain the permit number by calling #147 and letting the operator know the reason(s) for your outing.

Last edited:
What is known about the special permit for those over 70 in the City from La Nacion
- The permit must be processed on the telephone assistance line 147 and will be valid on the day it was processed.
- The older adult must explain what is the objective of going out on the public highway. "If it is for a procedure, we are going to help them do it. Or we are going to discourage them from leaving if it is not necessary," explained the city's Health Minister, Fernán Quirós.
- The operators of the 147 will look for alternatives to cover the need of the moment and if you have a support network that solves the problem, that is, a family member or close friend who can help you. If the need persists, the permit will be delivered and must be presented if requested at any control.
- There will be no fines if it is detected that an older adult circulates on public roads without permission.
- The action protocol indicates that the person must return to their home, although if they relapse in their behavior, a sanction consisting of hours of community work could be applied.
- Older adults who own excepted businesses or activities, for example neighborhood stores or pharmacies, do not need to process the permit.

-There will be no fines if it is detected that an older adult circulates on public roads without permission.
- The action protocol indicates that the person must return to their home, although if they relapse in their behavior, a sanction consisting of hours of community work could be applied.
All sanctions have been done away with since the intervention of the Ombusman for the Elderly, Eugenio Semino.

17 April 2020
Google Translate
After the launch of a controversial permit for adults over 70 years of age to be able to circulate in the City of Buenos Aires , starting this Monday, and the tough questions that the Ombudsman for the Elderly, Eugenio, asked about the measure. Semino, the Buenos Aires government reversed the measure and clarified that there will be no fines or penalties.

It would have been easier to have a rule that allowed older people out on alternate days based on document number . This will cause a lot of stress for older people and will have a negative effect on their health due to feeling like prisoners at the behest of others . There are many people who need to go out more than others due to health problems or limited funds . How does the 147 decide the priority of these people ?

How does the 147 decide the priority of these people ?
There is no "priority" selection by the operator. EVERY person who is 70+ will obtain a new permit number every 24 hours. The caller listens to the operator deliver the DNU message, tells the person the reason for wanting to go out and is given the permit number.

18 April 2020

The essayist Beatriz Sarlo described as "a selective state of siege" to the extent that she will implement, from next Monday, the Buenos Aires government with a compulsory and specific circulation permit for all people over 70 who are not exempt from complying with the isolation.
"A state of siege prevents the mobility of the inhabitants of a city, province or an entire Nation through the territory. This morning a selective one has been made, that I know of without the approval of the Legislature. The Constitution must be volatilized or it has had coronavirus. " said the writer in dialogue with TN Central.

How will the permit be extended to expats over 70 who do not possess a DNI as they are currently residing in CABA with a tourist visa?

Back