Fibertel Evolution.

maw

Registered
I upgraded to Evolution yesterday - 30 MB vs the 3 MB I had.

I called to have it installed on Friday and on Tuesday they installed it. That never seems to happen to me hear.

Cost? Well, I was paying about $200 for that an now I'm paying $300.

Speed? It is INCREDIBLE.

If you have been on the fence about it - like I was. Get off dime and do it.

They do have a cap (250 GB) per month. But that is equal to downloading 62 DVD movies that have been not been compressed. or 250 movies that have been compressed. A lot of data! I was also told that if you go over your limit that it does not die, but goes to being 6 mb per month.

Lastly, and most important for me... the upload speed is 3 MB.

Michael

I came close to heaving my router of the balcony last night waiting for YouTube videos to load. I have the 3mb which is BS according to my speedometer.

This makes me weep..in our rental here in Spain the max Gb we can get per month is 10..10!!! For the pleasure of 39euros and a modem with signal that cant serve all 3 floors of the house. We live 5 mins from the city center but ADSL isnt in the old part of town yet...I miss Bsas Fibertel..it rocked and like you maw I was a BIG fan!

Thanks for sharing. I'm on a FiberCorp plan that is actually more expensive than this and is slower. I think i'm going to be changing my service next month. Hopefully the speed is really what is advertised.. Are you using it with a wifi router ? What kind of speeds are you getting over wifi ?

the 300P you pay is that included cable television? i pay 385 for the total package included HD channels and 30mbit Evolution, Evolution is good! always working and you always get your max speed i download a lot esp. movies HD 1080P (via usenet) every month i reach the limit of 250G but they never put me back to 6mbit :) anyway i'm was used to 120MB in the Netherlands but this is fine for me ;)

why do i have to pay 500 pesos for fibertel+cablevision standard digital??
is there like an internal price discrimination scheme?

We're having Fibertel Evo installed on Friday and we only called yesterday :)
I'm curious to know the exact model and make of the modem/router as from what they say, it's only going to have one LAN port in which case I would need to fit a switch as I currently have the 6mb service with the Cisco four port modem/router.

Back