Finally, A Real Breakfast In Buenos Aires!

What, no grits?! And I don't know bout you but I find it hard to fix me biscuits without BISQUICK !
You'd be a big hit at the Book club pot luck! Even without the grits....

I've only had "grits" once.

I thought that fried potato stuff would be called "grits" but no its some sort of poor imitation of porridge that is given to you in a wee bowl beside your egg and bacon.

I'm still not sure the fried potato stuff is called. :lol:

I've only had "grits" once.

I thought that fried potato stuff would be called "grits" but no its some sort of poor imitation of porridge that is given to you in a wee bowl beside your egg and bacon.

I'm still not sure the fried potato stuff is called. :lol:

That fried potato stuff is called "hash browns"....

That fried potato stuff is called "hash browns"....

Then what is this?

mcdonalds-Hash-Brown.png

When I make biscuits (yes, from scratch) I serve grits. Had to bring some here with me on my last trip. You'd think a country full of corn would be able to figure out how to get some grits, but no. My biscuit recipe is from my grandmother, Mamaw. It took me 10 years of practice to get them close to how she cooked them. Smothered in gravy, baby! The gravy is made in the meat pan with the leftover bacon or sausage oil and some milk, flour, salt, and pepper.

I honestly don't know how any of us made it past 30 on that diet.

Sorry, medialunas just don't cut it for this country boy. Yes, that is real maple syrup on my pancakes (smuggled by a good friend from Canada). :)

Breakfast_zps32c31a29.jpg
The charcoal on the rh side - is that supposed to be bacon?

Where's the fried egg, the fried banana and the sausages?
:D

This is the best thread yet. I am falling out of the chair laughing at all the people that 'don't cook'. The missing various foods hits close to home, I haven't had a decent steak in years, or an avocado - sigh the list goes on. So looking forward to moving to BA. I am sure there will be foods I miss there too, but I suspect my list will be a lot shorter.

I'm not familiar with grits. Have you tried "sémola de maíz"? Is that anywhere near?
As kids I remember my mother preparing ñoquis de sémola which looked like scottish pancakes.

Back