Finding a dishtowel which actually absorbs water?

bobg

Registered
How would I find a dishtowel here which actually absorbs water? The one I bought at the local Disco and which claims to be cotton actually repels water. So I asked the landlady for one and she gave me one but it doesn't really absorb water either. What label do I need to look for and where would I find one?

Thanks, Bob

How would I find a dishtowel here which actually absorbs water? The one I bought at the local Disco and which claims to be cotton actually repels water. So I asked the landlady for one and she gave me one but it doesn't really absorb water either. What label do I need to look for and where would I find one?

Thanks, Bob
I get mine when we go to the US, as the ones I get here all have the water repellent issue..You can also get ones in Brazil ( or maybe you can find some made in Brazil here )

ha, i have had the same observation. towels, napkins, paper towels, it's like nobody here actually knows how to make an absorbent product!

I don't use a clothes dryer for my laundry -- I let the free sun and air do the job. The same goes for my dishes. I put them on a rack after washing, and they are dry in the morning. I never use a dish towel for drying dishes.

Why not just buy a hand towel? It's the same thing just relabeled hand towel. Difference is it absorbs water.

Walking around, sometimes I see stores selling commercial kitchen stuff, try googling that.
Nancy

Okay, I'm not the one who buys the teatowels in Buenos Aires but I'm the one that gets to use them a lot :) They feel pretty absorbent to me.

On the other hand, when I buy new teatowels in the UK they are generally loaded with "dressing" to give them a sheen and stiffness that makes them look fresh and attractive at the point of sale and I know I'm going to have to put them through a hot wash cycle a couple of times before they become really useful.

Back