Finding Interesting Items For Sale On Mercado Libre

I quoted this gossip on the forum two years ago but I had found a lithograph on ML by a French-Swiss artist which is worth a bit of money.
The seller had no clue about the artist but described anyway the litho as "by a very famous artist".
The price was a bit too high to be interesting so I tried to negotiate it.

The guy replied no, impossible, this is a very famous artist!

I said he's quite famous but the price is too high.

The seller insisted so I told him to f*** off and that I was likely dumb for not buying it for the price he wanted.

After that he asked me about the name of the artist, lol... No way Jose!

1.jpg
Bought this hard to find book last year (the ad is still viewable online) for 70 pesos.

Too bad it's in poor shape but still, I still can sell it for 200/400 euros in France...

Why? Because the illustrator is Germaine Bouret, a French artist who worked also with fashion designers about 80 years ago. She came to work for a few years in Argentina and there are quite many collectors of her graphic art in France.
I try to find other copies a few times every month, but managed to find only one copy in 2 years (!)

An instant maté maker?

Your guess was the closest!

It's a machine to make carbonated water...and based on a question asked by someone who has one, the zinc tank might have been an "add-on" to this unit. It does appear somewhat inconsistent with the overall design, but would have been convenient for collecting the soda.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-516757610-antigua-maquina-fabricadora-de-soda-unica-e-imperdible-_JM

Back