Finding Interesting Items For Sale On Mercado Libre

while this thread is back; i thought to mention some of my recent experience an item I've been looking for, not because it's so interesting, but more to the point- interesting because of how the search only revealed counterfeit products (or fake parts).

The product Ive been searching for is Ultrafire high power flashlight (s). I found plenty. Some offers came with the rechargeable batteries even.

Here's where I started questioning the authenticity of the produce, and thus the hefty 'import' price. Many sellers claim the output (in lumens) differently than the manufacturer for a given model. hmmm. Then the to top it all, the batteries included (or sold separately) 18650 had wildly different, and increasingly high battery capacities.Then I found this site that makes these products, and in their news they clearly state that they don't make any batteries that are larger than 3000mAh. If the batteries are fake, the the flashlight probably is too.
I checked some reviews on youtube as well, and people are confirming Chinese fakes on eBay as well (and how to ID the fakes). It's one thing to get flashlight for under $100 in the north, but here we're paying the exchange, tariffs and other exorbitant charges also.. $4-7K for a flashlight... ridiculous!

For thisngsof this nature, it's best to check the manufacturer and get the real story, otherwise you pay a trumped up price for something that's not legit.

Speaking of weird as hell, I was looking for items to decorate the quincho, but I don't plan on buying this:

Cabeza De Jabali Embalsamado

http://articulo.merc...-muy-grande-_JM

And here's the bargain version:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-613975547-antigua-cabeza-de-jabali-enormes-colmillos-de-15-cm-_JM

Speaking of weird as hell, I was looking for items to decorate the quincho, but I don't plan on buying this,,,

Smart move. I wouldn't want that dude anywhere near my parilla (imagine if he fell into a pile of almost-ready chorizos and molleja)!

Snort, we have family here that breed jabali (awesome eating!) on their estancia along with deer and the usual cows, sheep, horses, etc. They have a few of those on their walls. Its a little disconcerting!

Back