Finding Interesting Items For Sale On Mercado Libre

Even before I started this thread I'd been searching for a lamp like one that was in the kitchen of my PH in Nunez (when I bought it). In August there was a brown one just for sale for $160 but it was seriously damaged (the "coating" was chipped off in many places), The seller wanted $160 pesos plus $60 to pack it and take it to the nearest bus station, The shipping would have cost about $90 pesos. It was also missing the glass globe (anther $90 pesos) making the total cost over $400 pesos.

Shorty after that another seller had a yellow one for sale for $400 that had a good finish but was also missing the globe. He wanted $60 pesos to wrap it and take it to OCA. It didn't sell during the 60 days it was listed, but it was recently re-listed for $600 pesos.

I found this one a few minutes ago for $210...complete with the globe...no charge for packing...and the seller uses MercadoEnvios with a shipping cost of $67 pesos.

I was hoping to eventually find a matching pair (both white) but it looks like I won't have to wait. The seller had two of them (identical) for sale.

Here is a photo (taken from the galeria) with the same style lamp in the kitchen of my PH in Nunez:

PH%2BNunez%2Bgaleria%2Band%2Bkitchen%2B%28after%29.jpg

And the opposite view from the kitchen:

ph%2Bnunez%2Bgalleria%2Bfrom%2Bkitchen.jpg

PS: Here's how the galleria and kitchen looked before I moved in:

PH%2BAmenabar%2Bgalleria%2Band%2Bkitchen%2Bcropped.jpg
I like your ex-house kitchen, very bright coloured indeed, now wanting to see your kitchen and the deco inside of your Bunker in not in Bahia Blanca.!

Is it? Bon appétit!

juego-de-loza-de-bano-19901-MLA20179757734_102014-F.jpg

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-528441558-juego-de-loza-de-bano-_JM

New purchase... It's a pair of bentwood armchairs... Weird since the seller described it as scandinavian, could be, but they look very much Art Nouveau too.
Paid likely a bit too much so let's call it an "intuitive" purchase. I don't think it's Argentine. Upholstery looks like from the 60s, might not be the original one. Could be an early Scandinavian design, or an Art Nouveau work, will know soon.

I could have a surprise with those armchairs, in which case the price I paid would be cheap but well... One thing at a time, I don't buy to resell anyway.

EDIT..... They have been identified :lol: . Will tell more on Saturday when I pick them up (might be a reedition... or not)

artnouveauscandinave1_zpsccd0190c.jpg

artnouveauscandinave_zps9040e517.jpg

About those chairs (sold as "scandinavian"):
[background=rgb(246, 247, 248)]I picked them up. In fact they are from 1957 and were designed by an Argentine architect of Hungarian origin, Juan Pablo Bonta, who later lived in the US & teached Design in an university. He was also an Architecture theorician & published for instance this book[/background]http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/american-architects-and-texts[background=rgb(246, 247, 248)] They are made in wood of "peteribi" (south american wood). Quite a nice find. And they are very comfortable too, the top part of the back is perfectly placed for that.[/background]

[background=rgb(246, 247, 248)]Thought I could have paid too much... not![/background]

[background=rgb(246, 247, 248)]
juanpablobonta_zpse49bb1e9.jpg
[/background]

juanpablobonta2_zps69cd6247.jpg
[/background]

The description on this one is amazing. I already posted a question (Pico dddeee oro), but I'm not the first to make jokes it seems

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-529035348-subasto-vitrina-art-dco-2mtsx-70-restauradores-decoradores-_JM

About those chairs (sold as "scandinavian"):
[background=rgb(246, 247, 248)]I picked them up. In fact they are from 1957 and were designed by an Argentine architect of Hungarian origin, Juan Pablo Bonta, who later lived in the US & teached Design in an university. He was also an Architecture theorician & published for instance this book[/background]http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/american-architects-and-texts[background=rgb(246, 247, 248)] They are made in wood of "peteribi" (south american wood). Quite a nice find. And they are very comfortable too, the top part of the back is perfectly placed for that.[/background]

[background=rgb(246, 247, 248)]Thought I could have paid too much... not![/background]

juanpablobonta_zpse49bb1e9.jpg
[/background]

juanpablobonta2_zps69cd6247.jpg
[/background]
Very nice work. Frenchie you are a master finder.

Back