Finding Interesting Items For Sale On Mercado Libre

I've found more than a few "good deals" recently on ML, but nothing as overpriced as this measuring set ($199 pesos):

cuchara-cucharita-medida-te-teaspoon-medidor-tablespoon-17442-MLA20138460283_082014-O.jpg

And yet the same seller (with almost 12,500 items for sale) offers this "Armada Argentina Naval" cup and saucer set for $149 pesos:

This is the most enjoyable game of one-upsmanship I've witnessed in a while!

I don't see how this is any kind of competition, but I am glad you find it so enjoyable. I hadn't shopped on ML for several years and I hope anyone who is looking for something special but doesn't know how to search for it in Spanish will ask for help.

Here's an unusual nutcracker offered for $149 pesos by the seller of the measuring spoons:

antiguo-rompenueces-avellana-castana-cocodrilo-yacare-madera-4448-MLA3642719190_012013-O.jpg

As mentioned above, if Steve hadn't created this thread, I wouldn't have bought this on Saturday (paid today, delivered to me next Monday)

Aside of the excellent price (a bit less than what it would sell for in an European auction and without the slides), it comes with 225 stereoscopic slides showing Sierra de la Ventana, beaches, old buildings presumably around 1910/1920. That's interesting because that's when this region started to really develop.

I'm quite happy!
DSC09692.jpg

Who will be the first to come across the expensive (not designer) shoes and clothes of Santiago Vera?
My money is on Clouseau.

Who will be the first to come across the expensive (not designer) shoes and clothes of Santiago Vera?
My money is on Clouseau.

I hope Joe holds a public auction and gives his BAExpats family first dibs. I would jump at the chance to own authentic Santiago Vera Sanboludo memorabilia.

Reactions: Joe
In the last half of the previous century, ash trays were a commonly sold as souvenirs. Here is one from Uruguay that is about as KITSCH as they come:

antiguo-cenicero-uruguayo-esmaltado-13623-MLA45660500_7001-O.jpg

Back