Fine for overstaying the visa to be increased to 500$ soon

Napoleon said:
...and Cristina says that inflation is under 10% a year. :eek:

This is a good example of how inflation can also hurt the government. Bracket creep applied to penalties means that the gov receives less revenue unless they adjust penalties for inflation. 50 pesos to 300 and soon 500 speaks more about inflation than immigration policy.

TrevorCito said:
This is a good example of how inflation can also hurt the government. Bracket creep applied to penalties means that the gov receives less revenue unless they adjust penalties for inflation. 50 pesos to 300 and soon 500 speaks more about inflation than immigration policy.

No it doesn't. You can't just take a random price increase an blame it on inflation. 50 to 500 is a thousand percent increase. That is hardly in line with the inflation.

I am going on over a year as an illegal immigrant now. I will gladly pay 500 when I leave. That's way lower than all the trips to Uruguay would have cost me.

xibeca said:
No it doesn't. You can't just take a random price increase an blame it on inflation.

No, its punishment for those evil gringos who bring their money to spend in Argentina, this will teach them a lesson, perhaps not to come at all.

gouchobob said:
No, its punishment for those evil gringos who bring their money to spend in Argentina, this will teach them a lesson, perhaps not to come at all.

Which is exactly what U.S does to their tourists. But I don't see you complaining about that.

xibeca said:
Which is exactly what U.S does to their tourists. But I don't see you complaining about that.

Why do all the lefties here change the subject when something the government does is called into question? If a fine increase makes sense please explain why, don't justify some bad decision by the government here by some practice elsewhere(whether or not it makes sense).

gouchobob said:
Why do all the lefties here change the subject when something the government does is called into question? If a fine increase makes sense please explain why, don't justify some bad decision by the government here by some practice elsewhere(whether or not it makes sense).

I was simply pointing out your hypocrisy.

And by the way, you didn't complain when people hijacked this thread to blame it on inflation either. Yet now you complain that I changed the subject? Double hypocrisy.

xibeca said:
I was simply pointing out your hypocrisy.

And by the way, you didn't complain when people hijacked this thread to blame it on inflation either. Yet now you complain that I changed the subject? Double hypocrisy.

Sounds like you can't explain the increase if in fact it happens. I really don't care that much what other people think, but I think they were commenting on the high rate of inflation here more than anything else. Of course inflation according to the government doesn't really exist so what is the point of your post?

gouchobob said:
Sounds like you can't explain the increase if in fact it happens. I really don't care that much what other people think, but I think they were commenting on the high rate of inflation here more than anything else. Of course inflation according to the government doesn't really exist so what is the point of your post?

Which was exactly my point. They blame this on inflation, yet it has nothing do with it.

Why did they jack up the penalty? I don't know. Maybe they are looking for ways to get more revenue for the state. Which is something they are doing in the states as well.

Back