Firearms Import ?

Johnno

Registered
Hi all,

In a few months I'll be catching the plane back down to BA and I am still way behind with everything :) lol

One thing I need to get organised now is the firearms I want to export out of Australia and bring with me to Argentina...

Does anyone on the board have any experience with the procedures related to bringing firearms into Argentina ?

When I get married (later next year) I will have my DNI/etc. - but to start with I am assuming the easiest thing will be have my girlfriend put my firearms on her license ?

I am organising the export side of things right now - and will hopefully have the paperwork/etc. for leaving Australia with my firearms organised in time for my flight - what I really need to know is what happens at the Argentina end/what I need to do re: the firearms when I get to Argentina...

Any help or advice on this would be great.

I'm not looking at bring a lot of stuff - just one 9mm sidearm and a couple of larger calibre hunting rifles... (and if its not too much of a hassle some ammunition for them).

Many thanks in advance :)

In July I brought back from the USA 3 firearms (2 handguns and a Mauser rifle)
The procedure is like this (for visitors it may be different):
First you go to the RENAR office in Bartolme Mitre St and Parana St.
There will buy some forms, fill them up, and eventually they will issue you 3 sets of paper (permits).
When you aboard the plane you will have the weapons in an enclosed box with a lock. In the USA the TSA inspectors will open the box, check the contents, and then you can place them in the bags to be checked out.
The locks are special (the TSA have the code to opem them too). In Australia this procedure may be different. Check with the airline. Do not bring ammo, it complicates everything (you can buy it here).
When you get here, you have to go to a RENAR office located at the EZEIZA airport, turn your papers in, they will check the weapon, stamp the papers,etc. keep one set, visit the office of AFIP, and then you can go home with the guns. Next week you go back to the RENAR office and finish the paperwork. I did it. Good luck

Thanks for that Henry - think I'll take your advice on the ammo and will have to try and find out how this will all work with me initially coming in on a tourist visa (I won't have my dni/etc. until I get married later on next year...) John.

Back