food co-op?

bapak

Registered
i live in asia and monitor this site from time to time. every time i do, someone
is looking for food. why don't some of you more affluent expats form a co-op and SPECIALIZE in gringo food which is difficult to get. containers monthly from wholesale grocers in miami. there are companies that supply everything so you can go to only 1 source. locate it somewhere in a warehouse or large space in an area of cheap rent as it will DEFINETLY BE A DESTINATION PLACE. expats will find you i promise. if you don't like the co-op idea it's a hellava money making idea.

What you do not know is that these barriers are created artificially by our populist goverment.
There is no lack of importers, but recently the goverment, following it´s tradition on economic intervention, directly prohibited the importation of "unnecessary" items, like imported food, perfumes, expensive cars,etc.
This is due probably to the fact that the local value of exchange of the dollar is low, so imports are artificially cheap, thus the goverment slaps barriers to trade.
This is the best explanation I can find. Time will tell, as usual.

Back