Food prices are amongst the highest of the planet

What's the use of comparing food prices in Argentina with prices in Australia or the US? Can anyone get home delivery from grocery stores in those countries?

We are here so, let's either stop being here, or stop qvetching about food prices.
As the Uruguayans say: "Es lo que hay".
People love to complain and set conditions that make it impossible to satisfy even themselves.
They want to have selection at the supermarket but they also want protectionism for local industry.
They want low prices at the supermarket but they also don’t want low wages for local workers.
They want subsidies on the prices at at the supermarket but they also don’t want to pay taxes.
They want a brecha but they don’t want inflation.
They want to live in South America but don’t want to compare things their neighbors in South America.

People love to complain and set conditions that make it impossible to satisfy even themselves.
They want to have selection at the supermarket but they also want protectionism for local industry.
They want low prices at the supermarket but they also don’t want low wages for local workers.
They want subsidies on the prices at at the supermarket but they also don’t want to pay taxes.
They want to live in South America but don’t want to compare things their neighbors in South
They want to live in South America but don’t want to compare things their neighbors in South America.
I usually agree with the content of your posts but take exception to this one as "they" don't include my position.

These are all excellent observations, but I think it would be fair (as well as more accurate) to substitute the word "people" in the first sentence of your post with "some expats" and also substitute the word "they" with "some" at the start of each of the sentences that follow.

These are all excellent observations, but I think it would be fair (as well as more accurate) to substitute the word "people" in the first sentence of your post with "some expats" and also substitute the word "they" with "some" at the start of each of the sentences that follow.
You (and RB) can take my word “people” as “some people” … I’d lump some Argentines in with this group too and wouldn’t limit the gist of it to supermarket prices ;)

Perry I say this sincerely with respect and not to pick on you, but it seems like you're in a constant state of panic about prices and economic collapse. Everything will be ok.

Since 2006, you've been saying Buenos Aires isn't cheap.

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 3.48.13 PM.png

2007 - Buenos Aires is an expensive city

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 3.49.18 PM.png

2008 - BA is now more expensive than most of Europe and Asia
Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 3.50.30 PM.png

2009 - Buenos Aires is an expensive city

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 3.51.51 PM.png

2010 - more expensive than the US.

other post - I do predict that 2011 will be a watershed year for the engineered economic crash

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 3.53.18 PM.png

2011 - Buenos Aires will be one of the most expensive cities in the world in 2013. The US dollar will soon implode.

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 3.54.31 PM.png

2012 - Buenos Aires can be outrageously expensive

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 3.55.54 PM.png

2013 - 2017 - Hiatus from posting

2018 - Argentina is now more expensive than Australia and US

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 3.56.48 PM.png

2019 - The cost of living in Argentina is sky high

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 4.01.49 PM.png

2020 - "Prices have gone up close to 30 percent in the last weeks"

2022 - "They become very disappointed at the very high cost of living here"

"Now Bitcoin is US$ 23,000 and very volatile...By the end of 2023 it will be worthless imho . I may be wrong but I am willing to leave this on the public record here " Current price of Bitcoin = $67,000

2023 - "Food and rentals the most important costs are less than half the price in Manila than in Buenos Aires .. Somethings are cheaper here in Argentina but many things are much more expensive !"

2024 - " Argentina is now one of the most expensive countries of the planet for basic foods "

Any guess what Perry will say about the cost of living in Argentina in 2025?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 4.03.18 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 4.03.18 PM.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Perry I say this sincerely with respect and not to pick on you, but it seems like you're in a constant state of panic about prices and economic collapse. Everything will be ok.

Since 2006, you've been saying Buenos Aires isn't cheap.

View attachment 9766

2007 - Buenos Aires is an expensive city

View attachment 9767

2008 - BA is now more expensive than most of Europe and Asia
View attachment 9768

2009 - Buenos Aires is an expensive city

View attachment 9769

2010 - more expensive than the US.

other post - I do predict that 2011 will be a watershed year for the engineered economic crash

View attachment 9770

2011 - Buenos Aires will be one of the most expensive cities in the world in 2013. The US dollar will soon implode.

View attachment 9771

2012 - Buenos Aires can be outrageously expensive

View attachment 9772

2013 - 2017 - Hiatus from posting

2018 - Argentina is now more expensive than Australia and US

View attachment 9773

2019 - The cost of living in Argentina is sky high

View attachment 9774

2020 - "Prices have gone up close to 30 percent in the last weeks"

2022 - "They become very disappointed at the very high cost of living here"

"Now Bitcoin is US$ 23,000 and very volatile...By the end of 2023 it will be worthless imho . I may be wrong but I am willing to leave this on the public record here " Current price of Bitcoin = $67,000

2023 - "Food and rentals the most important costs are less than half the price in Manila than in Buenos Aires .. Somethings are cheaper here in Argentina but many things are much more expensive !"

2024 - " Argentina is now one of the most expensive countries of the planet for basic foods "

Any guess what Perry will say about the cost of living in Argentina in 2025?
Is Perry a bot?

Perry got done dirty. Gentleman, I suggest a Friday cocktail and hard laugh for all!

Back