Food product search

Kirst

Registered
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy tinned evaporated milk here? I know they sell condensed milk but I need the evaporated kind for a cheesecake.

Also, do they sell shortcrust pastry here, I can only find savoury pastry in premade packs.

they have evaporated milk at casa china in chinatown...if you don't see it, ask one of the workers - i think they move it around from time to time, but last time i bought it, it was next to the peanut butter...

You can also get it in LIniers where there is a Bolivian market with plenty of spices and other delicacies.

Enjoy! :)

It was available when I first arrived 2.5 years ago. But I haven't seen it in about 1.5 yrs, even in Chinatown I haven't seen it. Lala, have you seen it in Chinatown recently?

If you are desperate, I did have a can or two brought from the states. If you need it, I'll be willing to sacrifice it to the cheesecake Gods :)

On another note has anyone got any ideas what happened to the packets of faina? they seem to have vanished from all supermarkets.

Mini, I bought it to make macaroni salad for a Labor Day (US) party back in Sept...I really really hope I didn't buy one of the last cans!

I saw evaporated milk in one of the Barrio Chino stores as recently as last month. I think they are 18 pesos a can, could be more by now. Good luck.

To be honestly I haven't looked in a while as I have those two cans. But they were out of stock for a while. I'm glad they are back! I can use my "stash" now or give one to Kirst. lol. :)

Lala said:
they have evaporated milk at casa china in chinatown...if you don't see it, ask one of the workers - i think they move it around from time to time, but last time i bought it, it was next to the peanut butter...

They know their market. ;)

PS- Don't go to Liniers unless that is one of your usual haunts. We may never hear from you again.

While we're on it, who knows where to get real[B/] orange juice here? Not from concentrate? Thanks guys.

Back