foreign (cooking) chefs!?

Tinuz

Registered
Hola!

As i am a Dutch chef myself i was just wondering if there are any foreign chefs who work here in a restaurant/hotel or any other thing related to cooking.
I just wanna talk to anybody about the opportunities to start my own business, catering together, or anything else. tears are coming when getting a nice piece of meat which has been grilled on 300 degrees too long! :(

With all respect, you should probably start showing your connationals how to grill! Your average Dutch grilling skills (actually replace Dutch by any Western-European nationality...or those from that big Nation where beef is weirdly grilled using GAS!) is far worse than that os the Argentines!

don't mismatch me please! the meat quality here is far above average! and when you have such a good meat try to cook/grill her with some respect. Baking with such a heat is not the best for meat. Perhaps in Europe they like their meat more red/medium instead of well-done. I am sure they like it the way they do it as i like it the way i do ;)
but that wasn't my question.....

What I meant is that most Europeans like to prepare the fire and grill in 5 minutes, with the result being charred meat on the outside, raw meat in the inside.

Amargo said:
What I meant is that most Europeans like to prepare the fire and grill in 5 minutes, with the result being charred meat on the outside, raw meat in the inside.

Yes... and it's excellent and flavorful... pero bueno.

To the O.P.- You should contact the people who have Puerta Cerrada restaurants as well as the people who have "Pop-Ups".

List of Puerta Cerradas: http://www.saltshaker.net/underground-dining-scene

Also, there's something called CHEF SURFING, where people can create their own menu and then sell it to to-go orders. https://chefsurfing.com/en/welcome

For Pop-Ups, contact the good people at Magdalena's Party to ask them about their Pop-Up schedule.

So there's that.

The fire has to be given a long time, so that it does not produce CO which is of course poisonous. Charred meat is carcinogenic.

Why is it that everyone seems to be called by God and convert those infidel Argentines, who are World-renowned for having great beef and preparing awsome asados?

Not every Argentine is a good asador, but the percentage here of good asadores is certainly higher than in any other country I've been to.

Back