Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

my guess is they will resolve it, the government will want to keep the inflow of dollars. perhaps they will do away with online purchases or something.

I bought an 2940 peso item using a visa debit card from Wells Fargo in the USA yesterday. I got 333 pesos per dollar spent. It was my first test.

I bought an 2940 peso item using a visa debit card from Wells Fargo in the USA yesterday. I got 333 pesos per dollar spent. It was my first test.
Did this happen AFTER the news that Visa had gotten rid of the blue dollar exchange rate due to the Apple scam in Europe? So they reverted back to it? I want to make sure before I buy airfare. Someone posted earlier that they used Uber and it gave them 185.

When you exchange from ars to usd though it gives me 333
Which is exactly how you would expect it to be. I assume this just means they patched the loophole that was allowing people in other places to swap their currency to AR$ and receive 40% off of products. If you spend 1000 pesos, you should expect a $3.33 charge on your statement.

I am hopeful that once the weekend transactions post, they will be posted correctly.

I bought the item in a farmacity store. It was about 18:00 yesterday. Possibly a debit card is different than a credit card also.

I bought the item in a farmacity store. It was about 18:00 yesterday. Possibly a debit card is different than a credit card also.
This was at a physical store? I wonder if the exchange rate is still 185 online. I’ll do a quick test.

I replicate this actually on the visa website so it may be resolved.

Testing exchanging 10 GBP->ARS gives:

10 GBP = 2348.448479 ARS​

1 GBP = 234.844848 ARS

1 ARS = 0.004258 GBP

Testing exchanging 1000 ARS->GBP gives:

1000 ARS = 2.480090 GBP​

1 ARS = 0.002480 GBP

1 GBP = 403.211125 ARS

Though I am sure it was around 430 on Friday

Back