Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

I had a pending charge at Disco clear at the MEP rate after a few days. Hopefully VISA is straightening things out.

Even if they did do that I don't think it'd change much for the merchant right? It should still come in pesos

Its called dynamic currency conversion where the exchange rate will include a markup to the merchant and/or service provider. The markup will be significant for larger payments.

Its called dynamic currency conversion where the exchange rate will include a markup to the merchant and/or service provider. The markup will be significant for larger payments.
ah i didn't know that, thanks

My purchases that were pending as the official rate have now cleared as the MEP rate today. We are all good on Visa cards!
Is this for brick and mortar purchases or for online purchases at Argentine websites as well?

You can decline dynamic currency conversion-they usually give you an option on the terminal.

Anyone buy an Aerolineas arg ticket with visa recently?
What rate did you get?
If using an American or other foreign card, they force you to use the site in dollars. I just paid through the nose for a flight to FTE and USH. When I tried to pay in pesos, it goes pending then falls off. It just doesn't work if you don't use an Argentine card and you end up paying a lot more.

All my visa debit, in store, purchases have now cleared at 333 and a 3% fee from Wells Fargo

Back