Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

I withdrew 50,000 in 2,000 notes from a BNA ATM a few days ago.
You must be a privileged person. I was at a Banco Nación ATM yesterday that was dispersing 10,000 notes, so I tried to do my final 60,000 withdrawal in one shot, but it still gave me an error for exceeding the 40,000 withdrawal limit.

Anyone using Amex but not getting the MEP after 2-3 weeks? Bought some airfares, took the flight, but its been 4 weeks now and still didn't get the MEP. Also some purchases at the pharmacy and gas stations are not getting the MEP. So really unsure why some charges are getting it while some are not. I've some charges that were charged later and already got the MEP while some older ones didn't.

Anyone using Amex but not getting the MEP after 2-3 weeks? Bought some airfares, took the flight, but its been 4 weeks now and still didn't get the MEP. Also some purchases at the pharmacy and gas stations are not getting the MEP. So really unsure why some charges are getting it while some are not. I've some charges that were charged later and already got the MEP while some older ones didn't.
Did you buy the ticket on a foreign website like Expedia? That may be part of it. I haven't noticed any issue on visa cards. It's also possible to pay cash at the counter for Aerolineas Argentinas, I've done that before. I've heard you can also get a code to pay in cash at rapipago but I've not done that myself before

Did you buy the ticket on a foreign website like Expedia? That may be part of it. I haven't noticed any issue on visa cards. It's also possible to pay cash at the counter for Aerolineas Argentinas, I've done that before. I've heard you can also get a code to pay in cash at rapipago but I've not done that myself before
No I buy from latam/aerolineas directly

Anyone using Amex but not getting the MEP after 2-3 weeks? Bought some airfares, took the flight, but it’s been 4 weeks now and still didn't get the MEP. Also some purchases at the pharmacy and gas stations are not getting the MEP. So really unsure why some charges are getting it while some are not. I've some charges that were charged later and already got the MEP while some older ones didn't.
I don’t believe AMEX uses MEP.
A few weeks back I couldn’t get burquebus to accept my US visa so I tried US Amex.
Went thru but the rate was like 930, the official rate.
Not great and won’t do that again.

I had accidentally used my US Amex for Netflix (Argentina), and they first charged me at the official exchange rate. But then later I did get the refund. It said "REFUND USD TOURIST ..." on my statement. If I remember it correctly it took some time (maybe a week or more?) to get the refund.

I had accidentally used my US Amex for Netflix (Argentina), and they first charged me at the official exchange rate. But then later I did get the refund. It said "REFUND USD TOURIST ..." on my statement. If I remember it correctly it took some time (maybe a week or more?) to get the refund.
Same here, I swiped my AMEX and got the refund about a month later!

The way US AMEX works in my experience on getting the rebate:

All charges from Thursday (week 1) through next week's Wednesday (week 2), the rebate will post on Week 3's Friday.
There seems to be a minimum 9 days (15 max) before the charge gets the rebate.

Example with Thursday being the 1st of the month:
Week 1: make charge on Thursday the 1st (or Fri the 2nd, or Sat the 3rd)
Week 3: rebate shows up Friday the 16th

Example with Wednesday being the 31st of the month:
Week 1: make charge on Wednesday the 31st (or Sun the 28th, or Mon the 29th, or Tues the 30th)
Week 2: rebate shows up Friday the 9th

This is how it currently works from my understanding. I've seen some rebates posted outside this timeline, but for the majority of rebates, this is how it works for me.

Charges on Wednesday is the cut off to get the rebate for next week's Friday.

Amex uses two different dates, the one you see next to the transaction and the date that the transaction actually shows up on your activity where you see it. That's why you see posted dates for the rebate and transaction within 1 day of each other, but it doesn't show up until it's fully processed on that Friday following the schedule. So just check on Fridays for the rebates.

Has anyone used their AMEX for paying school tuition?
if so, did it give you the rebate?? thanks

Has anyone had made large AMEX purchases (recently) here in BA and never got a rebate?

Back